Basic Setup - Patch Editor

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

MaxMadrix

Basic Setup - Patch Editor

Post by MaxMadrix »

Hello,
New user to Madrix 3.x. Using luna 4 - so far so good. I am programming a large theater sign that is largely symmetrical. How do I copy a fixture in the Patch Editor and create a mirror image of it? or for that matter flip or invert it? Also when I copy does it matter what the next address is as long as the new address is sequential. Problem I am having is when I copy the address is copied also rather than being numbered and followed with the new channels.

Any video or in-depth tutorial recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
MM
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Basic Setup - Patch Editor

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

Let's go through your list of questions:

1) Select a single DMX fixture while holding Ctrl. Then, continue to hold Ctrl and the left mouse button and drag your mouse and a copy of the DVI fixture will be created. Simply release the mouse at the fixture's new position.

2) Select the fixture and use the panel on the right hand side. There, you can change all settings, including Flipping and Rotation. (If you don't see this panel, please go to the menu 'View > Restore Default Window Layout'.)

3) Yes, it matters since the DMX address in the Patch has to be the same as your actual fixture. (Also, a single DMX universe only has a limit of 512 channels.)

4) Auto Addressing is an option that can be enabled or disabled. It sounds as if you have it currently disabled. Please check in the Patch Editor menu 'Preferences > Automatically Address Copied DMX Fixtures'.

All of this is also available in the user manual. Please have a look:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/h ... patch.html

Does that help?
Thanks!
MaxMadrix

Post by MaxMadrix »

Yes - that helps. Thank you. I read that section of the manual and was a bit unsure of certain items. The self-addressing works. I have to remember to keep setting the starting address.

Another question if I have a setup incorporating four universes,
1) Can I restrict color effects to certain universes or certain fixture groups within the universe?

2) Related to 1), can I have static color across certain fixtures and dynamic color changing schemes across other fixtures within the same universe or across universes while still being in the same setup?

If so, how do I do this?
Thank you in advance for any information.
MM
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello MaxMadrix,

In MADRIX you can work with different effect layers. Every layer can consits of another MADRIX effect and mapped to another position.
So you can create a layer with a static color and one layer with dynamic content. Both layers are maped to different positions of your patch and you will see the desired result.
Under the following link you can learn more about how to work with different layers and effects in MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... space.html