groups or mapping rgb dmx input control

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

bvanenk

groups or mapping rgb dmx input control

Post by bvanenk »

hello all,
I've a question for my madrix configuration. At this moment I control my madrix with a dmx controller. I use it for speed, left / right storage, the storage number, strobe and RGB control. On this moment when I use the RGB control all the madrix leds have one the same collor.
Is it possible to control more than 1 rgb input by mapping? Right now I've a configuration with mapping and have 3 area's. Is it possible to add an own dmx input for each area?
please let me know!
thank you for your input and have a nice day!
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: groups or mapping rgb dmx input control

Post by Guertler »

Hello bvanenk,

In MADRIX you can control the "Global Filter Color", "Filter Color Left" and "Filter Color Right" remotely with the standard remote commands. With this "Filter Colors" you will filter every time the color of the whole matrix.

If you want to change the colors of desired part of the used patch, you can work with the "Layer FX Filter" and the option "Color Mask". With the "Color Mask" you can mask different colors but you can not set the ratio of RGB.

If you will need this per layer you will need to create a custom "Macro" in MADRIX which will map the received DMX-IN channels to change the color of a layer.
If you will need help to create such a "Macro", please contact us via e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com.
bvanenk

Post by bvanenk »

Hello Guertler,

Thank you for your replay.

I've looked up the mask function by the layer. This is not how I want to use it.

Can you make a macro that can do the function that I want?

And how can I use this macro?

Greetings Bob van Enk
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello bvanenk,

It is possible to create such a Macro for you.
The Macro is working in the following way.
You will add your desired effect in MADRIX and change the color to white for this effect. Now you add an additional layer in MADRIX with the SCE Color effect. This layer will mask the color of the first layer (the desired dynamic) effect. The color of the SCE Color will be controlled via DMX input with the help of the macro.

Now it is possible to work with several combinations of this 2 layers (the desired effect in white and an SCE Color effect with the macro) to control different parts of your patch in different colors via DMX Input. You only need to add the Macro to the desired effect in every storage place.

To create such a Macro, please send us your created MADRIX setup and the information about the DMX-IN channels which should be used to control the colors via e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com.