Nebula with 2 Voltages

Prism

Nebula with 2 Voltages

Post by Prism »

I have a Madrix Nebula that I want to use with 2 separate LED Matrix's. From port 1(Universe1-4) would be 24V Pixel Modules and from Port 2(Universe5-8) would be 12 Volt. However when we add power to the strips it draws 24v to the 12v side. Any idea on how I can do this or do i need another Nebula?

Thanks for your help.
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Nebula with 2 Voltages

Post by Schulze »

Hi Prism,

MADRIX NEBULA is not able to output different voltages levels (12V and 24V in this case) to different ports.

But you have different valid options to connect your LEDs:

1) Feed power to the LEDs and the NEBULA seperatly and connect DATA and GND only to the NEBULA.

Which means three power supplies:
- One powersupply (PSU) is connected to the power input of the NEBULA.
- One PSU is connected to the 12V stripe; DATA and GND will be connected to Port 1 of the NEBULA.
- One PSU is connected to the 24V stripe; DATA and GND will be connected to Port 2 of the NEBULA.

2) Feed power parallel to the NEBULA and one of the stripes and feed power to the second stripe seperatly.

Which means two power supplies:
- The first PSU is connected to V+ and GND to the NEBULA and parallel to the V+ and GND of the first stripe (12V). DATA and GND of the first stripe will be connected to Port 1 of the NEBULA.
- The second PSU is directly connected to the second stripe (24 V); only DATA and GND
of the second stripe will be connected to Port 2 of the NEBULA.

Furthermore different types of connection are explained here:
http://help.madrix.com/qsg/Quick_Start_ ... NEBULA.pdf

I hope this helps you. Have a nice day!
Prism

Re: Nebula with 2 Voltages

Post by Prism »

Thank you very much. Worked perfect!