Mapping Orion Switch(es) to trigger S1P1 (for eg) via Artnet - MADRIX Forum

Mapping Orion Switch(es) to trigger S1P1 (for eg) via Artnet

Moderator: MADRIX Team

andrewpsyc

Mapping Orion Switch(es) to trigger S1P1 (for eg) via Artnet

Post by andrewpsyc » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:07 am

Hi,

I am completing and architectural installation and would like to give the client manual switches to trigger various scenes in Madrix. Specifically I am thinking of using the ORION via a dry input or 0-10input to manually trigger for eg. Left panel storage 1 Position 1.

I currently use Http commands at most sites but wanted to go to a manual trigger. Is this possible and is the ORION the best way to do this (via Artnet). Can you assist with a brief how to in mapping the input to the desired output say Left deck S1P1 ?

Thank you.

Schulze

Re: Mapping Orion Switch(es) to trigger S1P1 (for eg) via Artnet

Post by Schulze » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:05 pm

Hi andrewpsyc,

This is exactly what MADRIX ORION was designed for.

Orion converts analog input signals (switches, sensors potentiometers,..) into Art-Net or sACN signals for remote control/triggering purposes.

After you connected MADRIX ORION via Ethernet, please call the web configuration page by entering the IP of the device in your webbrowser. Make sure that the used PC and the ORION are working in the same IP Address range. At the ORION configuration page you have to set the "Measure Function" according to the input equipments voltage characteristics. Because of the wide range of input equipment and thus different electronic specifications, it is hard to exactly say, which "Measure Function" you will need to use.

Here you can learn more on how to connect and configure your input equipment:
http://help.madrix.com/qsg/Quick_Start_MADRIX_ORION.pdf
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/h ... orion.html

After you correctly connected the switch and changed the needed settings, you are ready to configure the desired input settings in MADRIX. Therefore:

1) Please select "Preferences" > "Device Manager..." > "Art-Net" and search for the ORION.
2) After you found the ORION you have to enable it in the "DMX Devices" tab. In the next step you go to "DMX Input" tab select the enabled port of the ORION and activate "Remote".
3) Now please select "User" as "Remote Control Protocol" and click "Edit". An empty "Remote Editor" should be opened. If the "Remote Editor" is not empty, please click "New".
4) In the "Remote Editor" you can click the "+" button and select "Deck A" > "Place ID" as "Function". Now a new line will be added to the list and you are able to configure it. In the column "DMX Channel" you can set the desired DMX channel for remote control.
5) Enter "0" (for Storage Place 1, value starts with "0") as "MAX value", leave the "MIN value" as it is ("0").
6) In the last step you need to check the value for the column "Execute", since it has to be "Value Changed". If you now press the switch, SP 1 should be called.

Under the following link you can learn more about the DMX Remote Editor:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/i ... ditor.html

I hope this helps you.

andrewpsyc

Post by andrewpsyc » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:21 am

Great - thanks for the reply Shulze. Would i also be correct to assume that @ step 5 if i wanted to trigger storage place 2, i would do as per below?

Enter "1" (for Storage Place 2, value starts with "1") as "MAX value", leave the "MIN value" as it is ("1").

Thank you :)

Schulze

Post by Schulze » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:49 am

Hi andrewpsyc,

Yes, this is correct. For Storage Place 2 enter "1" as MAX/MIN value. You can also leave the "MIN value" at "0" and only change the "MAX value" to "1".