Search found 13 matches

by dijjital@gmail.com
Sun May 23, 2021 4:14 pm
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Combination of cue triggers, timecode and MIDI?
Replies: 3
Views: 13123

Re: Combination of cue triggers, timecode and MIDI?

Interesting solution! Yeah I'll shoot this over to you now. We can continue this conversation via email ;)

THanks guys!
by dijjital@gmail.com
Fri May 21, 2021 1:17 pm

Re: Combination of cue triggers, timecode and MIDI?

Interesting, it seems like the behavior of a timecode triggered cue being held on regardless of other triggers is only happening when the timecode window is up and selected. If I close the timecode window or I select "Layer Control" from the drop down I can trigger other cues via MIDI and ...
by dijjital@gmail.com
Thu May 20, 2021 6:30 pm

Combination of cue triggers, timecode and MIDI?

I'm setting up a show where we need certain cues to trigger at specific times (via timecode). Other cues need to be triggered via the follow cue function and still others need to be triggered via MIDI commands. The problem I'm having is that whenever I have some cues that are set to timecode, I can'...
by dijjital@gmail.com
Thu May 20, 2021 6:26 pm
Topic: Triggering a "Random" Cue
Replies: 1
Views: 8319

Triggering a "Random" Cue

Hey there,
working on a show where the client has requested a look that would cycle through storage places at random. Is this possible via scripting?

I would like to trigger this with a midi command. LMK your thoughts.
by dijjital@gmail.com
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:53 pm
Forum: Wishes And Feature Requests
Topic: Updating Mapping Presets
Views: 44898

Updating Mapping Presets

Hi there, I make extensive use of pixel groups in the Map presets on my layers while setting up comps. I've noticed that when I update the pixel groups, the map presets do not update. I have to go into each one of my layers in each comp and re-select the appropriate Map preset. Why can't these auto-...
by dijjital@gmail.com
Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:22 am
Topic: Best PC for Madrix & ShowCad on one machine.
Replies: 4
Views: 52254

Re: Best PC for Madrix & ShowCad on one machine.

Hey there, I'm using an HP Z820 workstation for my Madrix heavy-lifting. I'm using it to process a patch size of 2630x1056x3. It's got 20 processor cores running at 2.8Ghz. 128GB RAM and an NVidia Quadro K6000. I can run a reasonable stack of effects at around 30fps... I was going to build a machine...
by dijjital@gmail.com
Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:56 am
Forum: Wishes And Feature Requests
Topic: Scrolling buttons for Layer Stack
Views: 31846

Scrolling buttons for Layer Stack

When I'm stacking up layers of effects and the space taken up by the effects layers tabs exceeds the amount of room on the panel, there is no effective way to "scroll" left and right along the effects tabs. This makes it really annoying to navigate through the effects layers on complex pat...
by dijjital@gmail.com
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:53 am
Forum: Bug Reports
Topic: Spout CAM seems to be broken :(
Views: 31860

Spout CAM seems to be broken :(

Spout CAM seems to not be working in Madrix5. Really sucks too because it's essential to my workflow. SCE Capture just doesn't recognize it as an input source. Could this be a 32-bit vs 64-bit compatibility issue? Would love it if this could get a fix sooner rather than later!
by dijjital@gmail.com
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:49 am
Topic: Madrix on MACPRO running windows
Replies: 4
Views: 51258

Re: Madrix on MACPRO running windows

I'm using a 20-core HP Z820. It's.... ridiculous. You cannot get a MAC based system with these specs and with Madrix the most important factor in terms of effects performance is the number of CPU cores available on the machine. I'm running a HUGE patch (2630x1056x3) and with a few effects stacked in...
by dijjital@gmail.com
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:41 am
Topic: Importing 3D Objects
Replies: 2
Views: 35997

Re: Importing 3D Objects

Hey Xenu, we recently had to do this very thing and ended up developing a custom patch in Grasshopper (for Rhino 6) that takes a 3D model and allows you to set a number of pixels along a spline and export those x,y,z coordinates into a CSV. it's not a very streamlined process, and it seems like ever...