Search found 8 matches

by pieter_LMS
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:31 pm
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: kinetic lighting system
Replies: 12
Views: 115779

Re: kinetic lighting system

hi Guertier, thanks for the response. Your solution is working if you're controlling just '3 winches' But for a setup like this, I think it's difficult to make all those different layers... https://www.kinetic-lights.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Kinetic-Lights-GRID-Hins_China_Tour-2015_0...
by pieter_LMS
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:11 pm
Topic: kinetic lighting system
Replies: 12
Views: 115779

Re: kinetic lighting system

topic kick.. What is the best approach to control led tubes connected to orbisfly winches? You see a lot of setups, with connected winches; three tubes connected, forming a triangle. So the 3 winches are a connected 'group'. Otherwise, one winch goes up and another goes down. WIth a running length o...
by pieter_LMS
Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:28 am
Topic: winches and max values
Replies: 9
Views: 69888

Re: winches and max values

thanks!

We have the project running and it looks great.

But maybe you can see why I like the cut off value instead:
http://www.2343ec78a04c6ea9d80806345d31fd78-gdprlock/arnold.fabrie/p ... 9289064583
by pieter_LMS
Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:51 pm

Unfortunately, it's not behaving like you tell me. I made a copy of the 1 channel light fixture, with a max value of 140. Placed them both in my patch. When I start moving the master fader from black to white, both the DMX values get different values. So it's recalculated to the min/max value divide...
by pieter_LMS
Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:13 pm

Is it possible to create a script for the output, where you compare the R value (position) and if fixture is member of a fixture group:

if (r value > max value && fixture == fixture group){
r value = max value;
}

I'm not new to scripting, but never made a madrix script.
by pieter_LMS
Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:58 pm

The solution with the fixture group is also relative, compared to output...

So I'm open to new suggestions.
by pieter_LMS
Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:50 pm

hi, unfortunately, I don't have a manual, only a fixture/channel sheet. But the problem is a DMX behavior, I guess? Recalculate the 255 steps between min and max value?! My solution now: create a separate fixture group with the restricted movement winches. Set the output slider (in group control win...
by pieter_LMS
Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:04 pm

winches and max values

hi, I'm trying to control a couple of winches with Madrix. Due to obstacles, I like to give a maximum value at some winches. When I use a separate fixture to control those winches (with a max value), the winches receive a relative value. But not cut off at the max values.. When I use a effect on all...