by TidyMax
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:22 pm
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Good Effects and Layer Combinations
Replies: 2
Views: 35927

Re: Good Effects and Layer Combinations

Cheers Guertler!

I was just wondering if anyone had any personal favourites, one of mine is using plasma and noise to create a wind/snowstorm effect on flat panels. It looks really effective, i may do a youtube video!
by TidyMax
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:48 pm
Topic: GS8208 is controlled by Madrix
Replies: 1
Views: 29255

Re: GS8208 is controlled by Madrix

Out of curiosity what has made you go with GS? It has an awful default feature where if your data drops out it goes into a rainbow chase effect which essentially totally ruled it out of ANY install work for me. Have you already purchased the tape? If not could i recommend WS2815 as i assume you have...
by TidyMax
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:39 pm
Topic: Add dongles
Replies: 5
Views: 49241

Re: Add dongles

When did you purchase your old dongles Edgar
by TidyMax
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:55 am
Topic: Good Effects and Layer Combinations
Views: 35927

Good Effects and Layer Combinations

Hallo Madrixers! I've been scouring the web to find what layer combinations people use for great effects in Madrix and haven't come up with much luck! Just wondering if any of you guys knew of any good forum posts anywhere? If not, we could make this a sticky and everyone post their favourite effects?
by TidyMax
Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:52 am
Topic: MADRIX 5 to artnet
Replies: 3
Views: 44107

Re: MADRIX 5 to artnet

Hey Fritzsch! This would explain why i have had a couple of calls off customers struggling with the Madrix 5 demo! So just to clarify, you must have 3.6 installed and you must set up your artnet devices in there first? Then you should open Madrix 5, add them in there then away you go? (Only for demo...
by TidyMax
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:54 am
Topic: Creating a pixel map
Views: 36667

Re: Creating a pixel map

Hey DK!

Yes Thilo replied to my email and said the same thing, he also modified my existing patch so i could see it.

I have patched all the strips already so i have a total pixel count etc i had never thought of using the Z axis like that but it makes perfect sense now!

Thanks for the reply!
by TidyMax
Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:48 am
Topic: Creating a pixel map
Views: 36667

Creating a pixel map

Hi guys, I have done a few installs with Madrix and pixel tape but they have all been on a 2D plane. (Just ceilings) recently i have done an install in a room which had pixel tape in the ceilings/floor and walls and i was a bit unsure on how to do the patch! I turned the ceiling into an EQ then want...
by TidyMax
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:35 pm
Topic: Running Madrix on a NUC
Views: 42339

Re: Running Madrix on a NUC

Sorry for the delay Guertler X = 600 Y =12 Its running 12 strips of pixel tape (60 px per metre) the longest being 9.5m. I estimated around 2800 pixels so 8,400ch or 16.5 universes. I have just bought a dual core 3ghz i3 NUC and fitted 8gb ddr4 so dimm, this is slightly above the spec detailed on th...
by TidyMax
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:10 pm
Topic: Running Madrix on a NUC
Views: 42339

Running Madrix on a NUC

Hi guys! Buying another Madrix pro key for one of my jobs next week and the customer isnt happy with paying for one of my i7 desktops. They have said they want as cheap and as small a form factor as possible. Have you had any luck running Madrix on a NUC before? The install is all 2d but is around 1...