Help me i am a noob

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

PABLOCO

Help me i am a noob

Post by PABLOCO »

Hi guys

This is my first post and i need to ask you for some help.

I am using a led mesh that is 60 x 60 pixels and i have no problem with it, i have the NEO system for it.

Well i have costumer that wants to put the same sistem in the roof of his club, he ask me for help so i try to show him on my software what kind of effects he can do with the software.... But when i am setting up how his place will look like, it says that i using more that 256 chanels or something like that. His setup will be 450 x 300 pixels (or 565 x 375 not shure yet), so i need to know.

What do i need to make that sistem work ? I think i will need a BASIC KEY + a LUNA 4, but do i need something else ?

Thanks
ICDs JC

Re: Help me i am a noob

Post by ICDs JC »

Hello PABLOCO,
If you were looking to pixel map everything, e.i. (have control of every diode) you would want to convert to a DVI signal, as your hardware cost would be crazy. Running a LED mesh of 450 x 300 would equate to 135,000 pixels. this means the mesh has a total of 405,000 channels. You would need +791 Universes to run this properly. That's 3 Ultimate Keys and 49 LUNA16's. NOW if your able to convert this over to a DVI setup then a MADRIX DVI dongle is your way to go. The DVI Key gives you the ability to output 307,200 DVI Pixels. Your 450 x 300 mesh only needs 135,000 DVI Pixels. The 565 x 375 mesh will only need 211,875 DVI Pixels. I hope this helps.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Help me i am a noob

Post by Wissmann »

I wonder how you control 60x60 with a neo. Even if it is about one channel lights it covers 7 universes?
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)