Countdown

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

nsunier

Countdown

Post by nsunier »

Hi,

I have to create a countdown (10 to 0) on a 2D LED wall. I have succeeded in convincing my boss to use MADRIX instead another solution! But now I need some help in order to do it in the right way.

My first idea is to create individual storages for each number. Then create a sequence with manual Go in order to let me follow accurately the countdown which be told orally at the microphone. The advantage is that I can create small animation (text scrolling) for each number and fireworks for the last number.

1. Do you think it is the right way to do this? I really do not want to fail this countdown. Otherwise I will be killed... ;-)

2. How to create a non continuous text scrolling? I want that when I press Go the number starts scrolling from its base position, goes out the screen and nothing more. Like a single shot scrolling. Any idea?

Thanks in advance!
Nathanaël Sunier
Lighting Designer / grandMA Programmer
nathanael.sunier.net
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Countdown

Post by Guertler »

Hello nsunier,
First of all have you looked to the "SCE Counter" effect in MADRIX? With this effect you can create very simple a countdown.
When you want to manually switch between the number you have to create a storage place per number in MADRIX and activate the right storage place to the right time.
You can use the "SCE Counter" effect if you want to create a non continuous scrolling text effect in MADRIX from the desired base positon.
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... unter.html
nsunier

Re: Countdown

Post by nsunier »

Thanks Guertler! :D

I will try with the SCE Counter effect.
Nathanaël Sunier
Lighting Designer / grandMA Programmer
nathanael.sunier.net