circular installation

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

tsconcepts

circular installation

Post by tsconcepts »

hi, is there an easy way to patch and map a circular installation (36 lines à 225 Voxels) , or should i use the rectangle matrix for that?
How could i patch that the best way, that effects would be in a flow not only from inner to outer area, also from line to line.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: circular installation

Post by Guertler »

Hello tsconcepts,
For a circular installation you can patch this in two ways:
1.) You unfold the circle to a rectangle and patch a rectangle in MADRIX.
The advantages of this option are you will not wast alot of PC power because the patch is smaller, you can very easily create effects which are goes form line/tube to line/tube. Also you can create cool effects on the real installation with default MADRIX effects.
The disadvantages are: you will not see in the MADRIX Previews how the effect looks on your installation, it is not very easy to create effects which goes from one side to the other like a "SCE Color Scroll" from left to right.
2.) You can create a patch which looks like your real installtion. Therefor you have to patch this pixel by pixel and there will be alot of space between the pixels.
The advantages of this option: you will see in the MADRIX Previews how the effect will look on your real installation. Also you can create easily effects like color scrolls from left to right or from bottom to the top.
The disadvantage of this option are: you will need a very, very powerful PC, you will need alot of time to create the patch.
Maybe you can explain what kind of effects you want to create and then we can help you to find the best option for this patch.
tsconcepts

Re: circular installation

Post by tsconcepts »

Thanks for your answer. I decided to take your solution 1.
There is no real need for a 1-2-1 preview.
Thank you.