GUI sluggish

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

djtoast

GUI sluggish

Post by djtoast »

Hi. We updated to 3.4 recently, from 2.x. Everything is working nicely except many of the interface elements take ages (like, a second) to catch up sometimes — the dmx outputs nicely (it's only five universes, but even the fastest programs look perfect at full speed), it's just that each time you select a new storage ID, the lights themselves update instantly, but it's a second or so before the relevant button in the storage place turns green. This isn't the end of the world, obviously, but it makes me worry! The programmer controls also take ages (a second or two) to draw when you click the big Madrix logo to go to that page.

The computer running it is a two year old, mid-level machine (can't remember the specs, but my laptop has similar specs and runs 3.4 just fine). But it doesn't seem like a general PC performance issue as Madrix is DOING everything without hesitation, just being slow to update bits of the GUI on the screen (oh, and the effects in the output screen in the middle of the main window is drawn at full speed!)

Any thoughts?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: GUI sluggish

Post by Fritzsche »

Can you please check if the graphics card is somehow being limited by its drivers or the Windows power management settings?
Thank you!
djtoast

Post by djtoast »

Hi. (Slow reply, I'm only in there once a week, sorry.)

Couldn't find anything amiss in the graphics settings or power management - fiddled with a few options just in case but no improvement.

There's very little else installed on the computer and nothing much running at any given time other than general Windows crap, and nothing else has changed since upgrading from Madrix 2.0 which runs perfectly.

And the lights do respond properly so it's tolerable, but it makes me nervous that if it isn't running well, something bad could happen when I'm not there :D
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi djtoast,

please send your setup and the log file to info[at]madrix[dot]com. With the description above.
We will take a look onto it if we can see a reason for it.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)