Big number of universes

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Arnage

Big number of universes

Post by Arnage »

Hello. I want use about 400 DMX universes. I know that Madrix have 255 DMX Universes through Art-net DMX converters. How I can increase this numbers? I can not use DVI because all my Led luminaries with DMX512 controls. Maybe i need to use another ethernet protocol.

Could I syncronize two madrix software?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Big number of universes

Post by Guertler »

Hello Arnage,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
When you want to unlock more than 256 DMX universes in MADRIX you have to plug more MADRIX KEYs to your PC. The output license will be added. For instance, when you plug two KEYs ultimate to your PC it will unlock 512 DMX universes.
Also you have to increase the output universes in MADRIX. Therefor go in MADRIX to "Preferences > Options...", choose the "Performance" tab and change the "Output" in the "Virtual DMX Universes" section to the desired value. Please click "OK" and resart MADRIX. Now you are able to add fixtures to a universe greater than 256.
In the following link you will find more infromation about the "Performance" settings in MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... mance.html
Arnage

Post by Arnage »

Thank you a lot. It'a a really good and simple way. How many universes i can get in this way? 2048?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Arnage,
Getting the software license for this many DMX universes is one thing (and this is the easy part). But when actually driving this many pixels, the hardware side (computer, network, etc.) is much more demanding and requires the most attention.
Please feel free to contact us at info[at]madrix.com to discuss your needs in detail!
Thank you very much!
Arnage

Post by Arnage »

Hello Fritzsche.

I understand it, for it project we will buy the powerfull hardware.

Do you have a expirience work with 2048 Universes? If i have appropriate PC It's possible for programm?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Arnage,
With 2048 DMX universes you can control up to 349525 RGB LEDs via DMX.
Maybe you can send us a drawing of your installation via e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com so we can discuss your needs in detail.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

And for this amount of universes you defenitly will need more than one network card port. I would recommend to use 4 ports with 512 universes on each.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
Arnage

Post by Arnage »

If it possible in Madrix, It's very good. Thank you. Are you recommend use 100mb/s Ethernet, not more?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

The Luna devices using 100 Mbit.
For a installation like this you have to take care about the quality of the network switches. Good quality switches will be Gbit by default ;-)
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)