CITP streaming limitations?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

jgrooms

CITP streaming limitations?

Post by jgrooms »

Hello,

I was trying to configure Madrix to stream CITP data to grandma onPC and was struggling to get it to work.

What I ultimately found is that in Madrix using my defined matrix of 256x128 CITP data would not stream to onPC. When I change this to 128x64 (half the size) it does stream fine.

Are there limitations on the size of the matrix that can be streamed via CITP? Is this a bug in Madrix? a bug in onPC?

If there are limitations could you please update the help file to reflect them.

Thanks,

Jason
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: CITP streaming limitations?

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Jason,
Thank you for your inquiry!
I have received more information on this. It depends on the CITP/MSEX versions, on the file format, and what features are implemented in the controller (such as MADRIX).
MADRIX currently supports only RGB8 when streaming data and there is a limit: Up to 21,823 pixels.
Your 256x128 pixels are 32.768 pixels.
We will update the help files accordingly.
Thank you!
jgrooms

Re: CITP streaming limitations?

Post by jgrooms »

Thank you for the quick reply and clarification. Very helpful.

You may also consider displaying a warning when the CITP server is activated with a matrix size that is too large or when the matrix is resized too large and the CITP server is already active.

"Warning: Matrix size too large for CITP streaming. Matrix can't exceed <limit> total pixels." - or something similar.

Jason