rotating LED strips on a voxel DMX map

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

de jas

rotating LED strips on a voxel DMX map

Post by de jas »

Hi
I have a number of LED strips (Martin Sceptron units) and I want to position them in a radiating pattern, from a center position
I can rotate them from horizontal, but only at 90 degree steps.
I've seen some great circular designs using madrix so would like to know how this can be done
thank you
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: rotating LED strips on a voxel DMX map

Post by Guertler »

Hello de jas,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
With the created fixtures of the MADRIX fixture library you have the possibility to rotate them in 90 degree steps in the MADRIX Patch Editor.
If you want to have a rotation in another angle you have 2 possibilities.
1.) You add single pixels according to the amount an address of your real fixture in the MADRIX Patch Editor and move the pixel to the desired position.
2.) You create some fixtures with the help of the MADRIX Fixture Editor. Every fixture has the same channel assignment but the positions of the different pixels are different according to the desired angle. When you now patch the different fixtures every fixture will have the alignment of the created fixture.
Also please note: When your real installation is alligned in a circle or as sunrays it is sometimes better to create a rectangle patch in MADRIX. Because with a rectangle patch in MADRIX and a circle alignment on the real installation you can create very cool effects.
de jas

Post by de jas »

Thanks Guertler! I'm rather new to Madrix, is there a tutorial or help page on the rectangle Patching? Couldn't seem to find it online anywhere

many thanks

Jason
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello de jas,
Under the following links you can learn how you can create a patch in MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... patch.html
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... tures.html
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... space.html
If you want to patch a sunray assignment in MADRIX as a rectangle I want to recommend to unfold the sunray. Every sunray will be patched along the Y-axis and you add all sunrays side by side along the X-Axis in the patch. Now you can decide if you want to patch the inner pixel of the sunray as first pixel in Y or the outer pixel of the sunray as first pixel in Y in the MADRIX patch. You can create the same visual effects with both options. You only need to change position or alignment of the effects.
de jas

Post by de jas »

awesome. thanks