Midi control of predefined colors in main filter

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

madub

Midi control of predefined colors in main filter

Post by madub »

Hi,

I would like to be able to predefine 8 nice main color filters that I would be able to apply to a variety of different effects.

Each color would be made of predefined values of Red, Green and Blue filters.
Thus, applying this main filters to white effects, I would be able to choose a main color among 8 nice predefined color with a single button on my MIDI controller, and then just change the effects that would have this main color preserved (I don't like multicolor effects ;).

Does anybody know how to make this kind of "presets" ?

Thank you !
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Midi control of predefined colors in main filter

Post by Guertler »

Hello madub,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
It is possible to use a MIDI controller in connection with MADRIX to create main output filter colors and assign it to desired controls on the controller.
To solve this you have to create a customized MIDI map. To create a MIDI map you have to open the "MIDI Remote Editor" in MADRIX. Under the following link you can learn how you can work with the "MIDI Remote Editor":
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... i_map.html
To create a control which changes the color for the main output filter you have to use the commands "Global > Filter [color]" and assign all 3 commands to the same MIDI command in the "MIDI Remote Editor". To set the desired color you have to change the "MIN" and "MAX" value to get the right color.
madub

Re: Midi control of predefined colors in main filter

Post by madub »

Perfect !
Thank you for your help