Love the Edges Popup - Please let me store them in mspz file

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

ChrisCotton

Love the Edges Popup - Please let me store them in mspz file

Post by ChrisCotton »

Great effects but switching on and off between chosen patches... okaaaay but it sure would be nice to have it come up and "on" if it's - for instance - imported into a setup that has it "off" at the moment
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Love the Edges Popup - Please let me store them in mspz

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Chris,
thanks for your feedback!
Could you please provide more details?
– Where exactly did you activate the Edges Popup FX? (MADRIX offers FX filters in several places)
– Are you switching Patches by loading them in the Patch Editor or are you switching Setup files?
– And what are you importing exactly?
Thank you very much for your help!
ChrisCotton

Post by ChrisCotton »

Thanks Fritzsche. I'm activating it in either preview window. I can save it as a recording but I've got more suggestions for that later.

I need to save preset patches (individually) with the FX enabled so patches can be recalled with the FX idea present and active. I know that the current state is saved in the setup.

I'm saving several storage locations, with variants and creations galore, picking and assembling them into setups as the client wishes.

PS It would be nice to store a thumbnail of a (any) patch , to make picking easier, Since the new FX make so many more variations possible...
8)
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Chris,
If you are saving single Storage Places (which you refer to as patch), all Storage Place options, such as its submaster, speed pitch, FX, description, chaser, and macro are also saved in the *.mspz.
So, instead of using the global FX for left and right, please use the FX for each Storage Place separately. Then, it will work as you wish.
Regarding the thumbnail, does that mean you would like to export it as an image file?
Thank you.
ChrisCotton

Post by ChrisCotton »

What I'm hoping to get across is that we can't store the edges pop up FX in an individual mspz file. or Any of the neat FX in either preveiw, unless it is saved as a setup file.

Since there are so many more possibilities now with those FX, already saved mspz files can be used in new, different variants, some needing to be saved uniquely, IMHO.

Can you make it so that we can keep our FX choice, stored with our mspz file?

and Yes, having the exported image file accompany the file as a program icon would make directory selection easier, less time consuming old method of batch importing them forward and whittling down, versus a image wysiwyg.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Chris,
What I am trying to get across is that this is possible. You just have to use a different FX control.
Right now, we do have 4 different FX controls. Please see here:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/hidd_filters.html

1) Main Output Filter – Applies the filter to the Main Output. That means that the overall and final output is affected.
2) Filter Left / Filter Right – Applies the filter to an entire effect pipeline, Left or Right. That means that all Storages, Storage Places, and Layers will be affected.
3) Storage Place Filter – Applies the filter to a single Storage Place and its Layers. That means that the Storage Place and all of its included Layers will be affected.
4) Layer Filter – Applies the filter to a single Layer. That means that only the single Layer will be affected.
You are currently using #2.
If you would be using #3 and/or #4, they will be stored in the *.mspz file.
Thanks!
ChrisCotton

Post by ChrisCotton »

Okay, finally got it.

Effects will store with individual patches as long as they are selected in the programming area. I was lost because I was trying to save them using fx selections from the scene windows.
ChrisCotton

Post by ChrisCotton »

So here's my conundrum: Some of my cues are layers deep in programming and I've found that the wave radial with a Nor Layer Mix Mode selection seems to negate the Edged Pop up effect - when summoned in that lower pane. So selecting it for/in that layer doesn't apply the effect, in the only place that it would be stored when saved.
The effect is enjoyed when the total layers are shown in the preview pane and selected there. But I can't save the effect because it's not summoned from the lower window.
Can you not allow those upper FX buttons to be saved with a cue?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Chris,
Thank you for the update.
In your case, can you please use #3 in addition.
In the beginning, you were only using #2, which is the Filter Left / Filter Right.
Now you are using only #4, which is the Layer Filter.
If you would now use #3, which is the Storage Place Filter, all Layers underneath will be affected and the same result should be obtainable as if using #2.
#3 will also be saved in the *.mspz file.
Thank you!