Madrix Key

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

mission_rave

Madrix Key

Post by mission_rave »

Hie,

Ive purchased Madrix Pro. Im wondering can i install it on my laptop and make some patches before i install in the actual desktop at the outlet.

so can i install the software on 2 or more pcs ?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Madrix Key

Post by Wissmann »

Hi mission_rave,
yes for sure this is possible.
This is one of the advantages using a hardware protection dongle (our MADRIX Key) based on USB. You can install MADRIX as many times you want and use the MADRIX Key to decide which one you use for generating output.
The software is for free and you can downloaded here from our website, what you have buy is the MADRIX Key.
The disadvantage of course is the MADRIX Key could be lost, therefor take care about him!!!
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
mission_rave

Post by mission_rave »

Can i take a backup ? what if the usb gets damaged?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

MADRIX allows you to save all kind of settings. The most important file will be your MADRIX Setup. This file contains almost all information that is required for a show. This could be your backup. And you can create as many as you want.

The USB Key is quite robust, so it does not get damaged easily. However, it remains your responsibility to prevent any damage to this dongle or even loss.

Thanks!
madje

Post by madje »

i have a question i wanna ask ? my boss has bought your MADRIX SOFTWARE NEO ,but he didn`t get the MADRIX KEY usb dongle . The box with the dmx512 interface SN# NEO 000845 . Can you advise me what to do because the program need a key to work good !! thank you and im waiting on a email a soon as possible
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

The MADRIX NEO interface needs no USB MADRIX KEY, because the NEO is the KEY themself.
This means if you have installed the MADRIX NEO driver and pluged in the NEO to the PC where the MADRIX software runs the MADRIX software is able to send DMX data for one universe (it doesn´t matter if this one univers is send by this NEO or Art-Net or a different interface).
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)