PIR/Ultrasonic Sensor

Moderator: MADRIX Team

skulpture

PIR/Ultrasonic Sensor

Post by skulpture »

Hello.

I am working with some third-year students on a project and we are unsure of the best PIR/Sensor to get to detect people in an outdoor, nighttime (and wet!) scenario.

There are so many out there ranging from £2 to £75+

Also, how can we 'control' the sensors? On an Arduino, you can change thresholds, timeout, and delay, etc. I am wondering how this can work on an Orion.

Any suggestions are welcome!
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: PIR/Ultrasonic Sensor

Post by Schulze »

Hi skulpture,

Welcome to the MADRIX forum!

You can use any analog input (this is important: only analog!) equipment, such as switches, sensors, potentiometers and so on, ranging from 0 to 12 V with the MADRIX ORION. Unfortunately we are not able to recommend a certain sensors, as there are too many on the market and it is hard to evaluate them.

If you send us a information about the intended equipment we can tell you if it can be used with the MADRIX ORION beforehand.

"Also, how can we 'control' the sensors? On an Arduino, you can change thresholds, timeout, and delay, etc. I am wondering how this can work on an Orion."
- Sorry but this is not possible. The ORION converts the received analog signals and interpret it as DMX values.

I hope this helps you!