Aura record won't play back to all universes

Moderator: MADRIX Team

CoolB

Aura record won't play back to all universes

Post by CoolB »

Hi,

I have an Aura 32 that won't playback to my artnet controllers. When working through Madrix software everything works fine on all artnets. I have Artnet 1- 2.0.0.40 Universe 1-4, Artnet 2-2.0.0.50 Universe 5-8, Artnet 3-2.0.0.60 Universe 9-12, Artnet 4-2.0.0.70 Universe 13-16, Artnet 5-2.0.0.80 Universe 17-20. When I record to Madrix Aura only plays sends signal to Artnet 1 and 2. I have tried to connect direct to each artnet independently and nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Aura record won't play back to all universes

Post by Schulze »

Hi CoolB,

There might be a mistake in your MADRIX AURA configuration. To further analyze the issue please send us the MADRIX 5 setup used for the recording. Please also send us screenshots of the "Recording" and "Playback" pages of the AURA web configuration via e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com.

Thanks in advance!
CoolB

Post by CoolB »

I found the mistake in the Aura input settings in Madrix. I was only recording Universe 1-8 through the software settings in DMX devices, so naturally it was not playing back to Universes 9-21. I noticed it as I was taking screenshots to send to you.

Thank you for helping me find my mistake. :wink:
skypoint

Post by skypoint »

Hi,
I don't have Madrix 5 but I have same problem:
  • I can start/stop record from HTTP remote
    If I play the preset "Color Red" it works in both universes --> (So I suppose the playback settings are correct)
    If I play my record, Aura plays only 1 universe.
I checked "Recording" and "Playback" pages and all seems ok.
I want record universe 21 and 22, so:
in Recording page:

Code: Select all

Port	State	Protocol	Universe
1	On            Art-Net      21
2	On            Art-Net      22
3	On            Art-Net      23

in Playback page:

Code: Select all

Port	State	Protocol	Target	                           Universe       Full Frames
1	On            Art-Net     Unicast     192.168.5.175      21                 On
2	On            Art-Net     Unicast     192.168.5.175      22                 On
3	On            Art-Net     Unicast     192.168.5.175      23                 On

1° experiment:

I tried to isolate the second universe so in Playback page I turned on port 1 and turned off the other ports. In some ports the playback works with universe 22, in other ports don't work.
My cues are very very short one (less og 0.5 seconds) because I want play only a snapshot (a static configuration) of the dmx values.

What is the problem?
Thanks.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello skypoint,

Can you please double check that the used Art-Net controller will send all universes simultaneously to AURA. Please also have a look how the controller will send the data. In Unicast or Broadcast mode.

Can you please record a longer scene (maybe 5 seconds) for a test? Please tell us the result.
skypoint

Post by skypoint »

Ok, I understood the problem: I have 2 remote commands, 1 for record and 1 for stop. So in my app, when the user wants record a static cue I send record http command --> send artnet message --> send stop http command. The time between artnet message and stop http command wasn't enough probably. Stretching the time all works fine.

Thanks guys.