New in 5.5 - Cue Lists

reporter

New in 5.5 - Cue Lists

Post by reporter »

Hi,

There are so many new and exciting features in v5.5. I have a few questions:

1. How can I jump between Cue Lists? The "follow cue" only contains one value, so it looks like follow cues are limited to within the same Cue List. Time code looks like it should work, you could have Cue Lists start at designated times, based on time code. The manual states that "Note: Only one Cue List can be selected and active at once." Can inactive Cue Lists receive triggers? Is the remote input command "Cue List Select" new, and is it what you would use to remotely switch between cue lists?

2. How do Timelines work with Cue Lists? Can you use both in a project? Is there way to trigger Timelines automatically at program startup, similar to Cue Lists? It seems like it would be possible to embed a timeline into a cue, or are they designed to be used one-or-the-other? There is a "Timeline Select" remote command, which probably answers my Cue List Select question from above.

3. Do WAV files not get a visible waveform? I loaded one WAV file song and one MP3 song, and only the mp3 has a waveform visible.

Thanks!

Nathan
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: New in 5.5 - Cue Lists

Post by Guertler »

Hello Nathan,

1. With the Follow Cue of the Cue List you will be able to go to a desired cue of the same Cue List. At the moment it isn't possible to choose another Cue List via the Follow Cue.
You are right. With the help of Timecode you can avtivate the desired Cue no matter in which Cue List it is set.
MADRIX is still playing one Cue List at the same time.
You can trigger the Cue List selection remotely via DMX and MIDI with the command "Cue List > Select".

2. You can create Timelines and Cue Lists in one project. But only a Timeline or a Cue List can play at the same time.
You can load a desired Cue List in the Timeline or a created Timeline in a Cue List via "File > Save As" at one section and "File > Open" at the other section. That means you need to export and import it.
With the remote command "Timeline > Select" you are able to select the desired timeline which should be played.

3. If you are loading a .wav audio file it should also generate the waveform in the Timeline Editor. If it isn't the case, can you please send us the used audio file via e-mail to info[at]madrix[dor]com?

Thank you.
reporter

Re: New in 5.5 - Cue Lists

Post by reporter »

Thanks,

I send the file via email.

Cheers, Nathan