Newbie, about to purchase...

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

dhuerta

Newbie, about to purchase...

Post by dhuerta »

Hello, I´m a brand new Madrix user, a lot of friends recommended the software for a 20mm pitch LED screen... a few questions have come up since I downloaded the demo version, and would like to clear them up before actually purchasing the software...

1. Will I be able to load my own videos to the software?
2. Will audio and video playback be smooth?
3. What is the best computer hardware that you recommend running this software on? (Hard Drive, Processor, Video Card, etc)
4. Will I be able to load pictures on the software?

If anyone would be so kind to help, it would be greatly appreciated!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Newbie, about to purchase...

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi there,
Thanks for stepping by!

1) Yes. Please select the Effect "SCE Video" and load your video into it.
2) We haven't had any complaints so far. I think it mainly depends on the video (pixel resolution, size, video codec, etc.) and the computer performance. We usually recommend QuickTime videos with the resolution of the LED matrix. But audio playback of video files is not supported!
3) That really depends on the LED pixel resolution, type of output, and MADRIX Effects you wish to use. General guidelines are listed here: http://help.madrix.com/index.html?hidd_ ... ments.html
Please send us an e-mail to info{at}madrix.com to discuss this further.
4) Yes. Please use the Effect "SCE Bitmap".
Since you already downloaded the demo version, you can easily check out all the features.
Anything else we could help you with?
Thanks!