Is it possible to rotate fixture over X-axis?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

walter

Is it possible to rotate fixture over X-axis?

Post by walter »

Hi, I'm new to madrix. Trying to achieve the setup as in the image (using SGM LT-100 tubes). (check the blue arrow) Can't figure out how to rotate a fixture so that it's pointing backwards (so along the Z-axis (each Z-layer just showing one pixel in the patch).
Of course I could do it manually but that will take an extreme amount of time compared to a simple rotation.
Any advise is appreciated!

Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Is it possible to rotate fixture over X-axis?

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi walter,

Welcome!

For your use case, I would recommend to create a separate fixture profile in the MADRIX Fixture Editor.
The Fixture Editor is automatically installed together with MADRIX and hence already available to you.

You will find instructions here: http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/fixtureeditor/index.html

Since those tubes are vertical tubes, the currently implemented profiles are set up in this way (X = 1, Y = amount of voxels). We also do have a horizontal fixture profile included, but not the one you would be looking for regarding the Z-levels (X = 1, Y = 1, Z = amount of voxels).

Please let us know if you need any help creating the fixture profile.

Thank you!
walter

Post by walter »

Perfect, worked like a charm. Instruction wasn't necessary to read, was really easy to do. Just copied the horizontal version and converted the x-values to z-values. The way the fixture is previsualized (in z-depth) is really how I would love the patch-window to look like... Any chance of expecting such a 3D view of the patch window in a future update?

Thanks, you've been a great help and saved me hours of teadious programming. 8)
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Great. Thank you for your feedback!

We have added the 3D Patch view to the feature request list and it is helpful to hear which features are request most. But we will have to see if and when we could implement it. So we can't promise anything right now.

Thank you!