Was buying Madrix Plexus a mistake?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

SPanfil

Was buying Madrix Plexus a mistake?

Post by SPanfil »

Granted, I did only minimal research before buying, but here's my situation:
I play in a band and have a fairly standard bar-room setup. I have multiple pars, few chasers, and a laser. I'd like to program some scenes and run them in chases like I used to with my stand-alone board.
I bought a new plexus because I was hoping to program at home and take to a show and run through my program by song. Each song would have a few scenes that would run throughout.

Is this the wrong software/hardware for me?

ie. Example song would have the front pars fading between three colors every 6 seconds. Back lights would sweep across in colors to match the lasers.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Was buying Madrix Plexus a mistake?

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,

Thanks and welcome to this Forum!

MADRIX PLEXUS is basically a combination of MADRIX software and PLEXUS hardware. This combination can be really powerful, but in your case it probably depends on the products you own. Can you please let us know which exact products you have?

MADRIX was built to control all kinds of LED products, but moving heads or lasers would not be among those, for example.

So, it should be easily possible to integrate your pars (and maybe your chasers) and create lighting patters for those, which you then can let play back during your songs.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Thank you.