Problem with our LED roof - LED lights are fluttering

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Chestal

Problem with our LED roof - LED lights are fluttering

Post by Chestal »

Hello there,

we've got a problem with our LED technique. In addition to the roof we have 4 coloums and MADRIX works over DVI. Now there is a region of about 20-30 LED's which are fluttering red and yellow - however, they should be all white in this mode.

Could you imagine what reason this "bug" could have? Surely it is not a problem with MADRIX,
rather one regarding the wires or contacts!

I'm looking forward to reading your ideas!

Kind regards,
Chris
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Problem with our LED roof - LED lights are fluttering

Post by Guertler »

Hello Chestal,
It seems to be a bug with the hardware. Please check all the connections between the controller and the fixtures. If the issue still exists please contact the manufacturer of the LED fixtures.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you.
Chestal

Re: Problem with our LED roof - LED lights are fluttering

Post by Chestal »

Hello Guertler and a good evening to all the other users,

-

meanwhile we opened the glass cover in front of the LED boards and noticed that a foot of an "electrolytic capacitor" was no more on its soldering place. Furthermore there must be a defective contact somewhere, because if you bow the module a little bit, all the lights work properly - then however in another position, they love fluttering again like they wanted to dance to an electro beat... ;-)

-

So our next steps will be: Resoldering every solder joints and check resistances, those electrolytic capacitors as well as the IC chips. If this shouldn't help, we'll have to "prey upon" a hair crack of a small circuit path on the LED board ... sounds like interesting work! :D

-

I will keep you up to date and if I should have further questions, ask them here!

-

Kind regards,

Christian alias Chestal

-

P.S. We are generally of the opinion, that this damage happened because someone (accidentally) knocked against the glass - and so this punch must have reached the board.

-

To prevent this, we thought about placing some "pads" (made of plastic, gum, ebonite? ) between the board and the glass, to absorb those punches.
What is your view on our idea?

-

An example for pads: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 ... SY300_.jpg