Madrix 5.5 HTTP remote

reporter

Madrix 5.5 HTTP remote

Post by reporter »

Hi,

I just installed v5.5! Woohoo, lots of great new features.

I noticed with the new HTTP remote server, that the buttons have the same caching issue that I've seen previously.
I can click on a link once, but if I click on a button again, my browser (Chrome on Windows, and Safari on iphone) doesn't actually send a command to Madrix, and instead tries to give a locally cached response.

I've previously fixed this for an ipad control interface by adding some javascript to the HTML link files to add some timestamp information to the links, to confuse my browser into thinking it's a new link and to actually send the request through to the Madrix webserver.

Is that any other solution? It's hardly a good demo controller, if I can't click from Storage 1 to Storage 3 and back again to 1. Or in my case, I clicked the bulb link to go to black, but couldn't click it again to turn the lights back on!

I'm looking forward to exploring more new features. How does one see audio waveforms in the cue list editor? Or is it somewhere else?

Thanks,

Nathan
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Madrix 5.5 HTTP remote

Post by Guertler »

Hello Nathan,

We have tested this feature with several devices and browsers without an issue.
To analyze the experienced problem more in deep can you please send us some more information:

- It sounds you are using the HTTP user interface at an iPad. Can you please tell us the iOS version of it?
- Will the HTTP user interface update the sent thumbnails?

We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Thank you.
reporter

Post by reporter »

Hi,

I'm using the new HTML interface included in version 5.5, and I was using Chrome and Edge on the same computer as Madrix is installed as well as trying from Safari my iPhone (IOS 15.5) on the LAN of my studio.

I've posted a video at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfppk4owjufmk ... l.mov?dl=0

You can see me click new storage places, and it will activate them, but when I try to click on storage place 1, it doesn't got back there. Also when I select storage banks from the drop down, it will activate that bank in Madrix, but only the first time I select it. After the first time, the webui updates, but Madrix doesn't go back to the selected bank.

This was an issue with the previous http examples, too.

I understand that the problem isn't really with Madrix, but with the client browser, but it really needs a fix to make it usable.

Thanks,
CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Same issue here. It will not allow me to go back to any storage place again once it has been pressed. i use CTRL for Ipad for this reason, but would love for this to work.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Thank you for the additional information.

According to the video it looks like the PC where MADRIX is running will cash/block the commands.
Can you please double check if a plugin or anything else will block the commands?

We are also trying to reproduce it. At the moment we have tested several PCs and remote access without reproducing the issue.
reporter

Post by reporter »

Hi,

I tried with my iphone with content blockers turned off, and I get the same results. I've tried on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge on my computer and I get the same results, too. Microsoft Edge has no customization at all, as I barely use it.

I just did some searching and found a way to disable the local cache in Chrome and that fixed my issue:
https://www.webinstinct.com/faq/how-to- ... wser-cache. Once I did this I can successfully "reclick" links on any Madrix served webpage.

I don't think there's a way to disable it on Safari for IOS:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/921 ... ios-safari

Have you tested this on a LAN connected iphone? As I mentioned previously, my workaround was to change all the links to include some javascript that appended a random number with an anchor tag after the link.

Cheers,
Nathan
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Nathan,

Thanks for sharing the information.

We have test it here with iPhone and iPad on a local WIFI without any issues. But we are still in analyzing the explained issue to reproduce and fix the occured behavior.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Nathan,

The reported bug is fixed with the release of MADRIX 5.5a.
You can download the latest MADRIX 5 version under the following link:
https://www.madrix.com/download/MADRIX_Full_Install.exe