Device Manager Unicast ACN - Set multiple universes to a single IP at the same time

jasongoetz

Device Manager Unicast ACN - Set multiple universes to a single IP at the same time

Post by jasongoetz »

Currently we have to set the IP for each unicast ACN universe individually. We typically have 6 to 12 universes per IP address. Setting 500 universes takes a long time. Would be great if I could select 8 universes in the device manager and set the IP address just once for those 8 universes.

Would also be a nice feature if the device manager showed the IP address currently set to each unicast ACN universe without having to open the configuration.

Possibly you can already do this and I just don't know how.

Thanks!
Jason Goetz
ESP
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Device Manager Unicast ACN - Set multiple universes to a single IP at the same time

Post by Guertler »

Hello Jason Goetz,

Thank you for your feedback and the feature wish. We will add the wish to our feature wish list.

But the second one is already possible with MADRIX. If you will open the "Detailed Device Infromation" (click the "i" button at the MADRIX Device Manager), MADRIX shows the current set sACN unicast address per universe/device.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Device Manager Unicast ACN - Set multiple universes to a single IP at the same time

Post by Guertler »

Hello Jason Goetz,

With the release of MADRIX 5.5a you will be able to change the IP addresses of multiple selected sACN devices in "DMX Devices" tab of the MADRIX "Device Manager".
You can download the latest MADRIX 5 version under the following link:
https://www.madrix.com/download/MADRIX_Full_Install.exe
jasongoetz

Post by jasongoetz »

You are amazing! Thanks so much for adding that feature. Going to be a huge time saver on our end.