PLEXUS Stand-alone and DMX_IN

Moderator: MADRIX Team

piskun

PLEXUS Stand-alone and DMX_IN

Post by piskun »

Hello everyone.

We have few Madrix based installation, usually dmx custom made pixel walls.

Our customers don`t want any unauthorized person to making changes in Madrix setups ( young DJs etc.), so we`are making something like this:
touch-panel with I.E. MartinLJ -> usb-dmx -> dmx splitter (other club lights) -> usb-dmx-in -> server with MADRIX (program, key) -> usb-dmx-out -> our dmx-pwm controllers.

I`ts complicated, specially this part :
usb-dmx-in -> server with MADRIX (program, key) -> usb-dmx-out
we have some problems with users to power it on, off, sometimes system crash.

So when i heard about plexus, i thought that it will be perfect for my use,
standalone, preset only via sd card so i bought it.

Right now i`m an owner of.... special double usb dmx with Ethernet and two madrix start keys, with big lcd display?

Is there any chance to make with PLEXUS a real standalone fixture (for example led wall) without a computer?

Right now i have only one option to play shows in standalone mode: make a custom made switch and knob panel to use extension port.

My question is:
Is there any possibility to make any useful IN (like dmx-in, artnet-in or even MIDI_in) in stand-alone mode ?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: PLEXUS Stand-alone and DMX_IN

Post by Wissmann »

Hi,
We are working on the DMX-IN / Art-Net In remote control solution for the PLEXUS. You will be informed at this website in the release notes of a new MADRIX version if the feature is ready to use.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
piskun

Post by piskun »

Can u tell me problably when?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

hopefully we are ready with this in April this year but i am not able to promise this.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
piskun

Post by piskun »

Could you please be some kind (if there is any possibility) to do dmx_in at pin of extension port? :)

I don`t want to lose second dmx universe, and i don`t have Artnet at smallest instalation....

Maybe quicker way to do this will be make a small thing with dmxin that I can connect to extension port and address it with dip switch. I can make this stuff on my own, but problem is: i have only 10 ports as HI LO switch to play 10 shows. Maybe U can make something like:
analog in 5% - first show
analog in 10% - second show
etc...
like a slider.

My bigger Wish is to use it as real sandalone fixture :)
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Remote Control via DMX-IN or Art-Net (not the Extension port though) are now available with MADRIX 2.14 and the new MADRIX PLEXUS firmware!
Zhah001

Post by Zhah001 »

Hello, I'm from Belarus. May be someone can tell by what LEDs can produce ceiling, similar to the one in the videos Madrix? We have an order to the floor and ceiling. We plan to use Madrix. We have access to LEDs RFK12-1gbd, RFK20-1RGBD, RFK20-3RGBD, modules TH-3535TF-4RGBD. I think their power is not enough for a ceiling. And tell me, what TurboLED? I can not find any information. thanks in advance
eVIL
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Dear Zhah001,

Please contact us via e-mail at info[at]madrix.com with more information about your project and we will try to help you.
Thank you!
usmanali7

Post by usmanali7 »

Can you please send us a weblink to this fixture? We are not able to open the posted YouTube link.
Thank you.
sajide