Akai APC Mini not loading pre-defined midi map

fireworkspineapple

Akai APC Mini not loading pre-defined midi map

Post by fireworkspineapple »

Hi,

Not sure If i'm doing something wrong or theres a bug but when I plug in the AKAI APC Mini and go to activate it in Device Manager, the predefined midi map is not loaded. The documentation seems to suggest there is one for APC Mini but maybe I'm missing something or i've miss understood?

I'm running Windows 11 22H2 on a Surface Pro with Madrix 5.5f installed.

Any ideas?
Attachments
apc mini .png
apc mini .png (122.82 KiB) Viewed 2832 times
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Akai APC Mini not loading pre-defined midi map

Post by Guertler »

Hello fireworkspineapple,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

The used "AKAI APC Mini MK II" will be natively supported with the release of MADRIX 5.6 which will be available in the next weeks.

If you want to used it with the current MADRIX 5.5, please send us an e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com

Thank you.
MTX-Lightning

Post by MTX-Lightning »

There is another problem:
At the moment (<= Madrix 5.5) you can't get predefined Midi maps if you have not exactly the midi name of the device which is already integrated.
If you use a midi merging tool like Bomes or something else, you did not get the predefined mapping, because Madrix now is searching for the exact Midi name.

I told them the problems. I think there will be a fix for that in the next version. Maybe the predefinded maps will be included, too as files for import.
On the other side it would be great to look into it to see, what you can do with other presets. Learning by doing ;)

If I have the time, I will prepare some configs for the AKAI APC Mini MK II, too. (This would be my next midi device)
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi MTX-Lightning,

I would like to add something:
- If you connect the MIDI device directly (e.g. the AKAI APC40) you can save and edit the MIDI configuration.
- After connecting the device, please navigate to "Preferences" > "Remote Control" > "MIDI...".
- Select the device from the list and click at "Edit" in the "Remote Control" section. This will open the default configuration and you can change and save it from there.
MTX-Lightning

Post by MTX-Lightning »

That is what I have done. But in my case I had connected the APC to another PC and routed via RTP-Midi - so I did not get the original Midi device name ;)
I solved it as you said - saved and then used it. Or in my case - renamed the rtp midi port to „APC mini“ 😉