System stops sending out data since update to new version

This forum is assigned for bug reporting. Be as much accurate as you are possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

zinok2001

System stops sending out data since update to new version

Post by zinok2001 »

Since i reinstalled new version of MADRIX, system stops from time to time. Output keeps hanging. I have to restart MADRIX. Any idea ?
Last edited by zinok2001 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: System sending out since update new version

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,

Thank you for your report!

Is there a particular situation that seems to cause these issues?

Currently I have no idea what could be the reason. Our tests didn't show anything like this.

Can you please send to info[at]madrix.com

1) your MADRIX Setup File (*.ms2; go to File > Save Setup As...)
2) the Logfile (go to Tools > Logfile > Save To File...)?

Please refer to this thread in your e-mail.

If you need to reinstall MADRIX 2.14a, it is available here: http://www.madrix.com/en/home/download/ ... tware.html

Thank you!
zinok2001

Re: System stops sending out data since update to new versio

Post by zinok2001 »

Ok, logfile sent ! Thx.
Hertel
Sales
Sales

Post by Hertel »

Thanks for sending us the log file. You are using Windows 7 64bit and the LEDWALKER U8 interface. The interface stops to work after a few minutes.

This is the interesting part of your log file:
"136 2012/12/14 16:41:35 DMX Error Ledwalker call usbio->send_data(0x000002F0,...) for device number 0 failed
137 2012/12/14 16:41:35 DMX Warning Ledwalker usb device close because send or receive failed"

Microsoft® Windows® operating systems offer a wide variety of power management options. In most cases, PCs, laptops, notebooks, and netbooks benefit from a longer battery life if a good power management is in use.

But certain problems might occur nevertheless. If after a while your MADRIX KEY cannot be identified by the software anymore or if your interfaces are suddenly deactivated, we advise:

http://help.madrix.com/index.html?hidd_ ... ement.html

If this does not fix your problem please test using another USB port.
Christian Hertel
MADRIX - Sales Manager
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Could you tell some situation before reinstall
1: Is it worked well with the last verstion of madrix?
2: Are you only install madrix ,or you also have instamm windows, if you install windows,please check the driver of interface is right or not.
3: How many usb device worked with you pc, please use the usb hub which have extra power to test again.
billinsofl

Post by billinsofl »

Hi -

I'm having similar issues. I also get a warning in the log 'no optimal thread timing by operating system, minimum one cpu is slow', which seems crazy considering I'm running a 4 core machine that is more than adequate for the number of pixels I'm driving.

Everything seems to work fine for a few minutes, then all of the ASN traffic stops. If I look in the DMX watcher I don't see any data. Madrid looks like it's still working just fine. Attempts to quit Madrix result in the application becoming unresponsive. There is no point in force-quitting because a Madrix process still hangs out there so I need to reboot. Log and setup emailed with link to this thread.

Only using ASN output. No USB or other devices. Power management isn't an issues. I've eliminated that. Likewise my core switch (enterprise class) has been rebooted and still works fine for all other devices on the network.

This issue just recently popped up. Hope you can help! In the meantime I'm going to do a clean uninstall/re-install of the latest build.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Do not worry about the warning, this is a hint for us developer about your multiprocessor systems behavior. This is nothing which will hurt your output.
Please tell us what did you mean with ASN output?
Did you mean Streaming ACN?
Please send us a log file to info [at] madrix [dot] com
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
billinsofl

Post by billinsofl »

Correct, Streaming ACN. I've already sent logs, my setup files as well as Process Explorer memory dumps via email address.

After more than 15-20 minutes of use Madrix will stop outputting data and become unresponsive when attempt to quit. If you force the application to quit there is still a Madrix.exe process hanging out there that cannot be quit. The only way to restart Madrix is to reboot.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Thank you very much for sending these files!

For readers of this thread, we'll continue to investigate the matter and stay in contact with these users by e-mail. Thanks!
nathnerd

Post by nathnerd »

Hi,

I also have the same sort of problem however i'm running artnet on my system. However i was having this problem before i upgraded and if anything this problem is now worse. I have just changed the logging settings and as soon as i get it to happen again i will post. I am running an intel network card and i have got virtual adapters set up on it. could this be a root cause of the problem?

(os win 7/64 bit)

Thanks
Nath