Colorkinetics Products

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

reporter

Colorkinetics Products

Post by reporter »

Hi,

I'm planning an install with a number of strings of iflex SL, I have the ethernet controllers (PDS-480, 16 strings each), that can be seen by madrix, but I'm not sure if it works with them. I'm looking at controlling 46 or so strings of lights.

Can the demo version output to them, I see the cross watermark on the output, but I don't get any light coming out?

I'm assuming that each string is considered one DMX universe. Is that correct? Would it be better to use DMX power supplies with them (PDS60, 2 strings each)? I like the simplicity of the PDS480's but can understand if Madrix doesn't communicate to them.

Thanks,

Nathan
Hertel
Sales
Sales

Post by Hertel »

Hi Nathan,
If MADRIX recognize the PDS-480, 16 strings they will work! The Demo version of MADRIX can't send any DMX/ArtNet/Color Kinetic etc. data.
If you love the PDS480's use it. I mean both PDS60 and PDS480 are supported by MADRIX! AND YES, each string is considered to one DMX universe.
We (MADRIX) calculates the channels. (1 x RGB = 3) If you are using 46 strings with 50 pixel on each string: 46 strings x 50 pixel x 3 channels = 6,900 channels ... 6,900 channels / 512 channels = 14 universes ... you need a MADRIX basic version to control 46 strings with 50 pixels.
The moving cross on the previews are for DVI controlled LED products like pixel screens. If you want to remove this cross (you want to use also DVI controlled products) just order a MADRIX professional version with a support up to 64 universes (32,768 channels) and two DVI windows.
Thank you for your request
Christian
Christian Hertel
MADRIX - Sales Manager
reporter

Post by reporter »

Thanks, Hertel,

That is just the information that I needed!

All the best,

Nathan
Hertel
Sales
Sales

Post by Hertel »

no problem, take care!
Christian Hertel
MADRIX - Sales Manager