New to Madrix.

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

scorpiodj

New to Madrix.

Post by scorpiodj »

Hello to all, I live in the US and recently became a Madrix operator / installer.
I look forward to learning from and sharing with all.

I will be setting up a show this weekend for Sasha & Digweed, and want to know if I can run Madrix through Video Projectors or flatscreens too.

I would appreciate any tips you may have.
Thanks ScorpioDj
P.S. I just got Madrix 2 weeks ago, so I am very new :)
Hertel
Sales
Sales

Re: New to Madrix.

Post by Hertel »

Hi scorpiodj,

First, welcome at the Forum and a warm welcome to the MADRIX lighting control! If you want to run MADRIX through Video Projectors or flatscreens you need at least a MADRIX dvi or a MADRIX professional license. AND MADRIX DVI is NOT designed and developed for a HD / high resolution output.
We strongly recommend using MADRIX up to a resolution of max. 640x480 pixel. All effects are rendered in real time. It's an effect generator. That's different to all the competitors solutions. This solutions play videos and mix videos.
Unfortunately this process cost a lot of CPU / graphics card usage but we working permanently on all kind of performance optimizations. With the newest release 2.6b you get DirectX previews and DirectX DVI output screens for more computing power.
If you want to use Video Projectors or flatscreens set up the maximum resolution 640 x 480 pixel in MADRIX and check also your video content. Some video codec's costs more CPU usage some codec's less.
I cross my fingers for your show with Sasha & Digweed and i would appreciate if you can send us some pictures or videos of this show! Thank you, take care and have a great day!
Christia Hertel
Christian Hertel
MADRIX - Sales Manager
scorpiodj

Thanks for the quick response.

Post by scorpiodj »

I have decided not to run Madrix through the Flat screens and Projectors this weekend. However we are going to set up a dozen Pixel Range 1044 Batons instead.

In the coming weeks I will experiment with the screens and projectors. I will do my best to get some pictures, and videos to send you.

Thanks for your time.
ScorpioDj
scorpiodj

Madrix was GREAT!!!

Post by scorpiodj »

We set up Madrix with 12 pixel range 1044 batons, and it looked AWESOME! We recieved nothing but compliments all night. I wasn't able to get any video, but I found these two clips on you tube this week.

Enjoy
Randy

http://www.14dd5266c70789bdc806364df4586335-gdprlock/watch?v=1bTuHFMOCC8

http://www.14dd5266c70789bdc806364df4586335-gdprlock/watch?v=JNueFbhuQ0U
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Thank you very much for this feedback and the links.
We always appreciate to see whats done with MADRIX outside our office here in Dresden, Germany.
Dirkens

Post by Dirkens »

Tach Leute,
hab auch mal meine Cam angeworfen und siehe da: Madrix is einfach nur der Hammer.
27 Led Sticks a 3 Segmente als 9x9 Matrix.

Gruß Dirk

http://www.14dd5266c70789bdc806364df4586335-gdprlock/watch?v=XyZBm_XiF1Q
Otto Events

Post by Otto Events »

Hey Dirkens,

Sieht fett aus, was für LED Sticks hast´n du benutzt?

LG, Sascha
Dirkens

Post by Dirkens »

Hallo Otto Events,
verwendet wurden diese Sticks: http://www.mediazero-shop.de/catalog/pr ... ts_id/5652
Gibts aber inzwischen auch von anderen Herstellern.
Gruß Dirk