Madrix Crashes every 60-90 minutes

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

zman

Madrix Crashes every 60-90 minutes

Post by zman »

Guys,

I do a Christmas display and am using M3 to drive approx. 14 universes worth of data. I get M3 crashing every single night at least once in a 4 hour show, and sometimes 3-4 times a night. I have been running since Dec 1st and I have never had a night yet without at least 1 crash and now toward the end of the month, it will lock up 2-4 times a night typically.

Sometimes it give me an error:

Run Time Error!
Program; C:\Program Files (x86)\Madrix\Madrix.exe
R6025
- pure virtual function call

Most times now it just stops, locks up, has to be closed and reopened with no error. I am running this on a i7 H.P. laptop with NVidia graphics. It was set up as a Media laptop, and built to do video editing.

I have the guys from Inner Circle Distribution trying to tell me it is a graphics problem. Others are running the same amount of data I am on laptops using M2 and have never experienced a crash. I think it has to be a memory leak possibly. I am still on 3.0a and have not wanted to upgrade to 3.1 while my show is running through this month.

I am having a hard time swallowing the price I paid for this software to have it crash on a nightly basis.

Someone please provide some suggestions or hints at what would be causing this to crash. DJ's using this software are not going to carry tower computers to gigs, they are going to run them on laptops too, so I am hoping to get some insight into this.

Thanks ahead of time.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Madrix Crashes every 60-90 minutes

Post by Wissmann »

Hi zman,

i am sorry you have this issues with MADRIX.
Currently we are fighting on three primary bugs in MADRIX 3.
Two of it are not caused by ourself.

The first bug is about a nvidea driver issue mostly on laptop systems which comes with a so called optimus driver. I really recommend to install the latest nvidea driver.

The second bug is about the MADRIX Key running on a USB 3.0 port.
Also this bug is caused by the driver. It seams like MADRIX sends no more data or is crashed. The reason for this is MADRIX lost the license because the MADRIX Key no more response.
For this second bug we published a HOTFIX at the front page from the MADRIX website on the 27th of December 2013. Please try this if this changes something for you.

The third bug is by ourself and we already work on a solution.
If storage places are changed to fast (mostly happen this if MADRIX is remote controlled by MIDI or DMX) MADRIX get into bad operation or crash.
This bug occurs more often if the effects needs a lot of cpu power.

I hope this informations will help you to handle it better until we fixed it as soon as possible.

I wish you a happy new year!
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
zman

Post by zman »

I will check the NVidia driver, and install the Hotfix, but I suspect it is the 3rd and last problem that is biting me.

I am controlling DMX, and have a lot of bin calls that happen very fast. Please keep me posted as to a fix for that issue. Thanks.

When you say CPU power are you talking Computer or Graphic?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

CPU = Computer
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi, update to the today released 3.1a and the fast storage place issue is history ;-)