DMXKing LeDMX4 and patch queston

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

mj-k

DMXKing LeDMX4 and patch queston

Post by mj-k »

Hello,

Does anyone know if the DMXKing LeDMX4 works with MADRIX?
I can't find anything about it, there is only one reference in the LdDMX4 manual that says it is compatible with MADRIX.

Maybe someone has experience with it?

Marc
Last edited by mj-k on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: DMXKing LeDMX4

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi mj-k,

Welcome!

The user manual of this interfaces reads:
"Fully compatible with *ALL* software and hardware that supports Art-Net, Art-Net II & III, and sACN/E1.31 protocols."
Among others, MADRIX supports exactly these, so it should work!
We recommend to download the MADRIX software and use it in demo mode. You will be able to test if everything works.
Learn here about the configuration of Art-Net or sACN: http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/hidd_output.html
Fell free to ask if you have any other questions!
mj-k

Re: DMXKing LeDMX4 and patch queston

Post by mj-k »

Actually i do have another question.

We are planning to build a grid like this.

But how to easily patch it?
The lines are diagonal and there is a lot of space between them so i can't just make a patch with the matrix generator.
Does this mean i have to place every pixel by hand?
the measurements in the image are in MM and we plan to use LEDstrips with 60 leds per meter.

Does someone maybe have a patch file i could use as a example?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: DMXKing LeDMX4 and patch queston

Post by Guertler »

Hey mj-k,
If you want to patch pixels diagonal you have to patch this pixel by pixel in the "Patch" window of MADRIX. You will find the "Patch" window in MADRIX under "Preferences > Patch".
A second possibility is: You can create a fixture which only consists of pixels in the diagnal. Then you can add this fixture in the MADRIX patch.
Regarding the space between the fixtures in the draft: You can create a patch with gaps between the fixtures.
Please keep in mind the MADRIX Previews are for showing how the effects looks like. But if you want to have a true to original preview of the interaction between the fixtures on the real place in the room and the effects you have to use a visualizer software.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you.