a newbie hardware question

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

nicolayang

a newbie hardware question

Post by nicolayang »

hi, i'm a part-time DJ in taiwan and absolutely new about this LED lighting. But I'm really intrested about to present real time visual lighting effect in the party.

I read the turorial here, it seems that all i need is Madrix software and the CHAUVET COLORpalette LED fixtures. what if I don't have the lighting device such as COLORpalette? Any other substute?

do I need another hardware like DMX controller?
Hertel
Sales
Sales

Re: a newbie hardware question

Post by Hertel »

Hi nicolayang,

All you need is our software MADRIX and LED products which you can control by DMX512 or DVI. MADRIX supports also the output of protocols such as ColorKinetics, INSTA, ROBE or Art-Net.

Therefore, I would recommend: Search for controllable LED products in Taiwan. I am sure you will find a lot of very affordable LED products. If you have found a DMX512 controllable LED product, the best choice for you is the MADRIX NEO. This DMX512 interface includes already a MADRIX software license and this is the DMX controller you would need.

If you have found a LED product that's not supported by default from MADRIX, you can easily create your own fixture using the free MADRIX fixture editor.

Thank you very much for your request!
Christian Hertel
MADRIX - Sales Manager