how to use dvi interface to creat a large 3D led tube

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

leo.lee

how to use dvi interface to creat a large 3D led tube

Post by leo.lee »

hello
I am new to use madrix ,now I have a large 3d LED tube project,it is layout in dvi patch such as x:50 y:32,z:50, and set (Z slices ;left to right) on slice aligment mode in external window setting 1, the PC screen resolution is 1024x768, now have a question:when on Z slices and 2D mode,DVI OUPUT:DVI, the x width is 2500,more than the PC screen resolution ,when using on-screen capturing,my dvi device can not catch more pixels(only x 1024,y 768),by the way I use MADRIX KEY professional version, how to do for this?thank you for your help
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: how to use dvi interface to creat a large 3D led tube

Post by Guertler »

Hello leo.lee,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
It is not possible to capture more pixels as the resoution of your screen. When you want to capture 2500 pixels x 32 pixels you will have 2 possibilities.
1.) You have to create a patch in MADRIX and also have to use the DVI mapping mode. The fixtures of the DVI mapping mode have to be located on Z-Layer 1. When you create the DVI map please pay attention regarding your screen resolution. That means when the fixtures overlaps in your case the X dimension of 1024 this pixel will not captured. In this case you have to change the position of the fixture to X 1 and Y 33. But also you have to set up your controller that slice 21 will begin at screen psoition X 1 and Y 33.
In the following link you can learn more about the DVI Map mode.
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... patch.html
2.) You have to install a 4K able graphic card in your PC and also to use a 4K able monitor. Now you will be able to display and capture 2500 pixels in X direction.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: how to use dvi interface to creat a large 3D led tube

Post by Wissmann »

Hi leo.lee,
please ignore option 2 from my colleague, i guess he misunderstand your question a little bit.
But Option 1 is what you need, with the dvi map mode you can rearrange the output dvi signal.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)