error 10013

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

bvanenk

error 10013

Post by bvanenk »

Hello,

I,ve a question about an artnet error 10013.

I've got one pc system with 3 ethernet connections.
A: 1 wifi for internet ip DHCP
B: 1 ethernet ip static 2.0.0.1 subnet 255.000.000
C: 1 ethernet ip static 2.0.0.2 subnet 255.000.000

I run 1 software application for control my fixtures en 1 software application to control my LED pixel walls.

Software 1 is M-PC with a M2PC wing from Martin. I used 4 universes with a Acclaim8 node. In the M-PC software I use the unicast mode.
Acclaim8 node ip: 2.39.2.2

Software 2 is Madrix V2.14i. I used 12 universes. 8 universes with a Acclaim8 node en 4 universes with a Luna4. All universes have the “send only to” function on.
Luna4 ip: 2.0.0.20 with DMX in: unicast mode to 2.0.0.1.
Acclaim8 node ip: 2.39.2.44.

The problem is that both programs cannot be turned on at the same time. When I single start Madrix there is no problem. When I single start M-PC there is no problem. When I start both programs at the same time, there is 1 program that works fine, and 1 program that not works with artnet. There is no communication between the software and the node(s).

When I start Madrix at first then will works this program fine. The M-PC software doesn’t communicate with artnet . The software is searching for nodes on the artnet, but there is no result.

When I start the M-PC software at first, then is this software working perfectly. When I started Madrix en I search for nodes in the artnet, I get this error: “Errorcode 10013 :error calling bind with shared data socket() on port 6454, the requested address is a broadcast address, but the appropriate flag was not set. “ It is also not possible to turn on the ‘Art-Net’ button by the Art-Net tab in the Device Manager.

How can I fix this problem so I can use the both software systems with ArtNet?

Thank you for your help!

With regards,
Bob van Enk.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: error 10013

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Bob!
Thank you for your detailed explanations!
Unfortunately, there is no way to fix this. In order to send Art-Net data with two softwares, Art-Net would need a socalled 'Shared Data Socket'. That means the network component to send data should be available to both sources. MADRIX does support this, but M-PC obviously does not. That is why you are seeing these results. M-PC demands exclusive access, not a shared access. MADRIX simply does not get granted access to send Art-Net data when M-PC is running.
Thank you.
bvanenk

Post by bvanenk »

Is it not possible to programing the madrix to the pocket of ethernetcard 1 en m-pc to the pocket of ethernetcard 2.

I think that both cards there have here own data pockets?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Bob,
No, that is not possible.
Thanks.
bvanenk

Post by bvanenk »

And with a virtual machine? Someting like VMware? And if this a possible is there an manual to install the ethernet cards?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,
A quick test on VMware Player showed that using a virtual machine could actually work.
However, please note that using a virtualization solution might negatively affect the performance of the computer.
Also, there is no special way to install the network cards. We had the following setup:
- MPC and the first LUNA were connected through the first network card using a 2.X.X.X network.
- MADRIX was running in the VM and was connected through the second network card to the second LUNA. The virtual Windows, the original Windows, and the LUNA all had different IP addresses in a 10.X.X.X network.