hardware and SCE screen capture

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

cadillackid

hardware and SCE screen capture

Post by cadillackid »

I am using an SCE screen capture over a small area of my screen as there is a random effects generator (vidualizer) that creates some things i want to display on the lights.

this works except it seems my MADRIX and system get bogged down when that effect is called.. to the point that delays occur trying to switch to another storage place.

my hardware is a core i7-3770 with 8 GB RAM, running MADRIX, Light-O-Rama, and the small (200X200) window of the G-force. I am controlling 18 universes of lights via ART-NET. I am using the onboard Video of the Machine, output to a single 1920 x 1080 monitor.

is the slowness im exoeriencing just likely ive run the machine too hard? or need a better Video card?

im running WIndows 7 Ultimate x64.

-Christopher
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: hardware and SCE screen capture

Post by Guertler »

Hello cadillackid,
Please turn off the Windows Aero design. The Aero design will need much CPU power when you capure it with the SCE Screen Capture effect in MADRIX.
To turn it off please select the desired storage place and layer which use the "SCE Screen Capture" effect, click the "Configuration" button and click the "Aero off" button in the configuration window.
In the following link you can learn more how you can disable the Aero in MADRIX "SCE Screen Capture" effect:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... pture.html
cadillackid

Re: hardware and SCE screen capture [SOLVED]

Post by cadillackid »

I figured I would come back and post the resolution I found for this issue in case it can help others..

it ended up being that the Graphics card on the original Server was just too whimpy.. it was onboard graphics..

when I switched to a slightly more powerful machine.. (core i7-5820k) and with a mid-grade (nvidia) graphics card my system sped up incredibly.. I also noticed the preview bewnchmarks about doubled..

it looks like MADRIX needs a good GPU as well as other specs..

the symptoms were never seen in the Task manager as my CPU / RAM usage always stayed low..

runs quite Nicely now!
-Christopher
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: hardware and SCE screen capture

Post by Wissmann »

Hi Christopher thank you very much for the feedback.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)