kinetic lighting system

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

mundy

kinetic lighting system

Post by mundy »

HI!
i Have Madrix DVI and will buy ORBIS FLY kinetic lighting system.
But i dont know how patch For the movement.
for the colors should not be difficult.
They can help us!
Thank you!

Ej:
https://www.14dd5266c70789bdc806364df4586335-gdprlock/watch?v=4Taje7zlf8k
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: kinetic lighting system

Post by Guertler »

Hello mundy,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
When you want to control the ORBIS FLY kinetic lighting system with MADRIX you will need to split the patch in 2 areas.
For example the first area is responsible for the kinetic movements of the ORBIS FLY. So you need to patch "!generic 1 Channel Light 1 Channel Light" lights in MADRIX.
The second area is responsible for the RGB lights and you have to patch "!generic RGB Light 1 pixel" in MADRIX.
When you create the patch I would recommend to patch the first the "!generic 1 Channel Lights" for the kinetic movement and below this patch the fixtures to control the RGB lights.
If you will need help for this patch please contact us via e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com
w02f

Post by w02f »

Hello colleagues!
I have the same problem as in Mundy! Could you please show clearly how to do it ?? Very necessary! I'm from Russia, so with bad English))
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello w02f,
Please have a look to the following tutorial:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... with_.html
The tutorial shows you step by step what steps are necessary to control a kinetic lighting system.
w02f

Post by w02f »

Thank you so much!
Another question: how to define the movement of the lamps? In the layer "Move," select the effects?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Yes, that is correct!
Different effects will produce different movements. For example, imagine SCE Gradient with black to red from left to right. The left fixtures will not be extended, while the right fixtures will be fully extended and everything inbetween will be somewhere between those two maximum points.
mzhajjar

Post by mzhajjar »

Hi

i Have a question. how to configure the max height, offset, speed, brightness, and gamma as they are in different universe and how to keep them on
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello mzhajjar,
In case you want to control the maximum height, offset, speed, brightness, and gamma of a kinetic light system. You will have 3 options. It depends a bit if you want to setup this only one time at the installation of the whole project or if the MADRIX effects have access to this parameters.
Option 1:
In MADRIX you will find the "DMX Fader Tool" under "Tools > DMX Fader Tool". This tool is like a very simple DMX fader desk. It is working in MADRIX in LTP mode. That means all stettings you have done here will overwrite the value of the assigned channel and universe.
With the help of the "DMX Fader Tool" you have to set the right DMX Unvierse and Channel for every fader. Now you setup your desired values for the explained parameters and close the "DMX Fader Tool". The settings will be saved and everytime you start MADRIX the "DMX Fader Tool" will load your setting.
The advantage is: you can very easiely change the values of the assigend parameter.
The disadvantage is: everybody can change the value when he opens the "DMX Fader Tool".
More about the "DMX Fader Tool" you can learn here:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... tools.html
Option 2:
You create a new fixture with the help of the MADRIX Fixture Editor. The new created fixture consists only of fixed channels. That means channels which have no color information. Also you set the default value to the desired value of the desired parameter.
In MADRIX you have to add this fixture in your patch.
The advantage is you can not change this settings by mistake
The disadvantage is: it a bit more work to get the result you expect.
Under the following link you can learn more about the Fixture Editor:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/fixtureeditor/index.html
Option 3:
You patch the desired paramters as one channel fixtures in MADRIX and assign the correct DMX address and universe per fixture.
Now you have to change every parameter with a MADRIX effect.
The advantage is: you have access to the parameters and can change this in every MADRIX effect.
The disadvantage is: you have to create a layer and map this to the patched "parameter fixtures" for every effect.
Gogert7

Post by Gogert7 »

Hi, new from Australia and I am just confuse about the kinetic lighting system. Do you think this lighting will look good in cafe?
Shopping online for Cafe Lighting and Living Furniture, Lighting Australia.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Gogert7,
In general it is hard to give you a statement if the kinetic system will have a good look in the café or not.
The best way to plan it is to work together with a lighting designer. The designer should know how it will look in your desired venue.