Independent effects on multiple matrices

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

madub

Independent effects on multiple matrices

Post by madub »

Hi,

I have 3 different fixture groups corresponding to 3 different led installations in the same venue.

I can run various effects on each led installation using 3 layers in each storage place and mapping each layer to a different fixture group.

But doing this, the effects on each led installation will always be linked (in the storage place). I cannot have many combinations of effects on each led installation, unless I program all possible combination of effects for each led installation.

How do I run different effects independently on each of these 3 led installations ? Meaning for example : without having to pre-determine which effect on led installation 2 and 3 will happen when I choose an effect for led installation 1 ?

Thank you for your help !
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Independent effects on multiple matrices

Post by Guertler »

Hello madub,
MADRIX is designed to create and map different MADRIX effects to different areas on the patch. The created effect will be stored at a storage place.
In MADRIX always 2 storage places will be active at the same time (one storage place on the left side and one storage place on the right side). But it is not possible to have more than 2 storage places active at the same time.
To see the output of the both active storage places you have to move the crossfader to the middle possition and in the most cases it is helpful to change the Fade Type to "White Fade".
In your special case a possibility is to create effects for two effect areas on one storage in MADRIX and on another storage you can create effects for the third area.
Live you can now mix the different created storage places on the two MADRIX sides by using the crossfader and changing the effects.