USB i/o

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

nandoo

USB i/o

Post by nandoo »

Hello everyone

Question 1.
How can i use my USB contact closure in the Madrix software?
Only via Script/Macro? and if so, how?

I just need a simple thing, on contact closed, play a video, if open, play another video

Question 2.
Can i use another USB contact closure as an output relais?

Question 3.
How can i start to playback and stop my show at a certain time of the day? with the GetTime function via script?

thanks alot,

best regards,
nandoo
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: USB i/o

Post by Guertler »

Hello nandoo,
The MADRIX contact closure you can use like a DMX input interface. That means you can create your desired DMX-Input map with the help of the "DMX-IN Remote Editor" in MADRIX.
If you want to switch between 2 videos with the help of the contact closure your have to create 2 storage places in MADRIX with the "SCE Video" effect. Each of the "SCE Video" effect plays another video. Now you open the "Device Manager" in MADRIX (Preferences > Device Manger), switch to the "DMX-Input" tab and choose the "MADRIX USB contact closure" as DMX-Input device. In the next step you have to enable the "Remote" option and open the "DMX-IN Remote Editor". In the Remote Editor you have to add the function "Place Left > Place" or "Place Right > Place" and change the "Min" and "Max" value to the desired storage place. The "Min" value is respondsible for the place which will played when the contact is not cloed and the "Max" value is respondsible for the place which will played when the contact is closed. The "Interaction" should be "Absolute"
You can connect multiple MADRIX Contact Closures to the PC but it is not possible to use contact closures of other manufacturers in MADRIX.
If you want to start a show at a certain time, you can use the MADRIX Cue List and don't use a script with "Get Time". In the Cue List you have the possibility to work with the system time and playback a desired storage place at the desired time.
Under the following links you can learn more about the cue list:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... list_.html
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... nd_du.html
If you want to work with scripts and the "GetTime()" function you have to create a time variable in the Script and evaluate the houres, minutes, seconds seperately and create a big switch case control structure to jump at the certain time to the desired storage place.
If you will not get the desired result with the help of the cue list please explain a bit more what you want to do.