Question About Controlling Eighty thousand DMX Channel

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

msmmbl

Question About Controlling Eighty thousand DMX Channel

Post by msmmbl »

We are working on a project controlling Twenty thousand RGB LED lights and step motors. Every LED use 3 channel and motor use 1 channel. In total Eighty thousand Channel.
Our plan is using 40 ArtNet To DMX512 Conventors. Each Conventor provide 4 DMX512 signal lines and each signal line provide 512 channels. In total 40 * 4 * 512 = 81920 channels.
We use a Ethernet Switcher connect 40 ArtNet To DMX512 Conventors, and then it connect to Local Area network.
My Question is if MADRIX can control eighty thousand DMX Channel by an
ordinary computer and how many bandwidth should Local Area network provide.
Sorry for my pool English.
Thanks, MADRIX.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Question About Controlling Eighty thousand DMX Channel

Post by Guertler »

Hello msmmbl,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
It is possible to control 81920 DMX channels (160 DMX Universes) with a MADRIX KEY ultimate.
When you want to control it via Art-Net you should use a separated network where only the Art-Net devices and the PC is connected. Also you should use a high quality network card in the PC and high quality network switches. The bandwidth of the network for this project should be at least 100 Mbit/sec.
A commercially PC with a high performance can handle this job. Regarding the computer specification please have a look to the following link and scroll down to Example 3:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... ments.html