Please add mp4 & MKV files to the supported formats

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

ChrisCotton

Please add mp4 & MKV files to the supported formats

Post by ChrisCotton »

I have pointers to them in cuelists as videos and they play fine but I have to refind the location, set the display filter - off of supported formats to all files - to make any cue entries that reflect files with that extension to work again. If the machine can play the file, can you tell Madrix to remember it?

When I play a cuelist and the file is not in the supported files extension, it gives an error. But if you find it (open the location) it & the cuelist work fine.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Please add mp4 files to the supported formats

Post by Guertler »

Hello ChrisCotton,
Can you please try to reinstall the mp4 codec?
Under the following link you will find the MADRIX recommeded codec packs:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... video.html
Please scroll down to "Video Codecs".
ChrisCotton

Re: Please add mp4 & MKV files to the supported formats

Post by ChrisCotton »

The files play fine because the codecs are already on the machine. The issue seems to be that the "supported files" list drop down doesn't include these file types.
If I try to play a setup file that has already referenced this type of file in the cue list, it gives an error in the log and the thumbnail and directory listing go blank. But if I re affirm the file in its location, but select "all file types" so that my files are now visible in the list, they play fine, in this instance. But store the setup file, or reference it after a reboot or restart of Madrix, same issue.
It seems that Madrix needs to be told to accept these file types are okay and native....
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Please add mp4 & MKV files to the supported formats

Post by Guertler »

Hello ChrisCotton,
This is the first time we heard about this problem and we tried to reproduce it also here. But we can't reproduce the issue.
So I have some questions and hints for you:
- Please make sure that MADRIX has the access rights to the video after a restart/reboot.
- Of course the codec is installed but maybe there is something wrong in the codec allocation. So please deinstall and reinstall the codec pack.
- Is it possible to share one of your videos with us? Also please send use the MADRIX logfile to info[at]madrix[dot]com.