Basic setup issue

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

randytian

Basic setup issue

Post by randytian »

I'm using Erolite PSU 4A compatible for led strip, I try just 1 strip rgb strip at 150 pixel for demo purpose. I setup x=150, y-=1 z=1 ,not working, I have to try patch as 171x3x1 then working but seem not right this way? I am using artnet and able to connect so search of my device is detected 4 port as for above setup. however I need to enable 1 and 4 port then it work (3,4 disable)? so I'm confusing:
1. why 150x1x1 patch not working?
2. why mush configure to enable port 1 and 4, patch as 171x3x1 then it work?

Please enlighten me as I'm new in the software and setup. Thank you
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Basic setup issue

Post by Fritzsche »

Please activate 'Send Full Frames' for the ports in the Device Manager of the MADRIX Software and test again.
Does that fix the issue?
randytian

Post by randytian »

thanks for help . now I can configure a single led strip 181x1x1, but in dmx device, detected 4 port, I need to enable port1 and port 4? also I need to set it both to virtual universe 1? this seem not normal. my compatible eurolite psu 4A I just use one output RJ45.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello randytian,
When you want to use only one port and you have connected your desired fixtures to the first port of the "PSU 4A", it should be sufficient to "enable" only this port in the "DMX Devices" tab of the "Device Manager" in MADRIX. If it is necessary, you only have to assign the desired "Universe" (where the fixtures are patched) to the port you want to use for.
randytian

Post by randytian »

Ya I got it thank your help and advise.