Fountain lightd

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

naresh

Fountain lightd

Post by naresh »

HI, This is naresh from india. We have a fountain project in our theme park ( IMAGICA ) as a start to try madrix neo on first.

i have ordered neo ( Madrix ) for operating our 80 normal coloured lights ( 24vdc) through 3 channel dmx decoders that we have.

i want to ask considering 1 decoders, can i operate 3 channels seperately. as three output of decoders is connected to 3 different lights of seperate colors.

also as this is a fountain show, i want to run this on music. so can i able to select this 3 channels for 3 different frequency range?

like- channel -001- 20 HZ to 1 KHZ ( Output to be ON for 10 seconds )
channel -002- 1 KHZ to 2 KHZ ( Output to be ON for 15 seconds)
Channel -003- 5KHZ to 6 KHZ ( Output to be ON for 5 seconds ).

Your suggestion will be very help ful for me.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Fountain lightd

Post by Guertler »

Hello naresh,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
With MADRIX it is possible to adjust the "Music To Light" effects to different tone ranges. It is also possible to map the desired effect to a desired position inside of the patch.
In your case it means you have to create a patch of 3 different single color pixels in MADRIX, work with 3 layers where you are using a M2L effect and adjust the desired tone range for every layer.
But you should always keep in mind a tone in the music consists of more than one frequency and if the tone will be repeated the effect will always triggered. So it could the effect of one of the layers will be always on when you set a long fade out time.
naresh

Post by naresh »

HI GUERTLER,

Thanks for your reply :D , meanwhile i have practiced it in our system and its working fine. but what i was unable to achieve is

when i set this( channel -001- will be ON for 20 HZ to 1 KHZ )

i was not able to hold this for 5 to 10 seconds. beause during the music show, i want to hold some lights for some seconds when high tone occurs in the music.

Your suggestion will be really helpful for us in this regards.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello naresh,
Can you please tell us what should happen if MADRIX has analysed an signal between 20 Hz and 1KHz. Now the light should be On for 5 to 10 seconds. But now it analyses again (in this 5 to 10 seconds light On time interval) a signal between 20 Hz and 1 KHz. Should now this signal be ignored or should the timer for the lights On again set to 0 and start to count to the desired Off time?
naresh

Post by naresh »

HI GUERTLER,

I understand what you want to say. As in my project i am using some decoders too so i want to club some 24V coils as a output of my decoders ( which is not a light ) which will operate when the DMX signal comes to our decoders.

When there is a signal between 20 HZ to 1KHZ, some DMX addreses i want to keep it ON for some seconds, if in this time interval same signal comes again , it would be ignored for that time being.

I hope is would work for my project :?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello naresh,
Thank you for the explanation.
The wanted effect is not possible with the MADRIX base effects.
But it would be possible to get exactly the expected result if you create your own effect by using the MADRIX Script (MAS) effect and write a script.
If you need help for this script, please send us an e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com.
In this e-mail please send us also the MADRIX setup and the DMX channels and univers which should be triggerd by this special effect.
naresh

Post by naresh »

Hello Guertler,

I have installed and tried with the frequency and tha time which i wanted to hold the channels for a partical time, it is working fine.

Really very very thanks for this product and for your kind support.!!!

Just i want to execute one last thing in my project, i want to start the que or madrix effects only when i ON my music system.

My music system is outdoor and this neo and laptop will be installed in a cabinet.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello naresh,
Great to hear everything is working now.
If you want to start the desired storage place respectively cue when you start your music I think you will have several options.

1.) The used audio player is able to send a MIDI or SMPTE timecode signal. So you could connect the player and MADRIX with an additional cable.
If MADRIX is now receiving the timecode, it jumps to the desired cue in the cuelist.
2.) You are using S2L or M2L effects in every storage place. Now if no sound will be analyzed by MADRIX the output will be black.
3.) You create a customized MADRIX Main Output Macro. This macro will trigger the desired storage place respectively cue if the audio input value is higher than a desired threshold.
naresh

Post by naresh »

Hi Guertler,

Before one week , we have connected neo to our decoders and lights

But now today we connected again and found that the lights are not working when we give a command from madrix.

DMX decoders are working fine with the other dmx controller but not working with the madrix :(

When we connect it through USB, green and red lights glow

and just when we start madrix in my computer, red and green ight starts blinking.

Please let us know how to find, where the problem is exactly?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello naresh,
When the NEO starts blinking it means the NEO is found by MADRIX and get DMX signal from MADRIX.
So please make sure that you have load the correct setup and patch.