Synching Madrix with Wings Avio

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

sondip

Synching Madrix with Wings Avio

Post by sondip »

I have Wings Avio/Vioso/Platinum and MADRIX 3.6e installed in the same machine. Whenever MADRIX is initiated, Avio ArtNet control refuses to respond. My Avio controls more than 2000 LED pixels through ArtNet using LUNA 16. The same is the primary function of my MADRIX. Since, MADRIX is more versatile in this regard, I would like to trigger remote control of MADRIX through Avio using ArtNet. Can anyone help ?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Synching Madrix with Wings Avio

Post by Guertler »

Hello sondip,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
When you want to send and receive Art-Net data from MADRIX and "AV Stumpfl Wings" via one and the same network interface card, you must make sure that both application will share the network socket.
MADRIX shares the socket all the time.
If you now want to receive the Art-Net data from the "AV Stumpfl Wings" in MADRIX, it is necessary that MADRIX will be always started at the first application. Because only the first started application in a shared socket case can send and receive the network data. All other application can only send data.
When "AV Stumpfl Wings" will not respond when MADRIX is started, it seems that "AV Stumpfl Wings" needs the network socket in exclusive mode and you will not have a chance to communicate with both application via one and the same network interface card.
Please contact the AV Stumpfl support regarding the network socket mode.
sondip

Post by sondip »

That's a wonderful response Guertler.
I am already in touch with "AV Stumpfl Wings" in this regard and am waiting for their response.

I have actually two network interface cards installed in my Vioso server. I use the other one for accessing the internet intermittently.
It appears that "AV Stumpfl Wings" automatically accesses the 10.0.0.1 socket for the Artnet data, whereas, I have the option to choose the other network socket 192.168.X.XXX through MADRIX.

Again, in the Avio panel of "AV Stumpfl Wings," Wings Vioso as well as Wings Service appear with identical network address - 127.0.0.1.

Does that make it easier to look for a solution in my case for the moment ?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello sondip,
When you have installed already 2 network cards you can already resolve your desired plans to communicate between the "AV Stumpfl Wings" and MADRIX and control furthermore the connected fixtures.
In that case both network cards must work in the same IP address range but with different IP addresses. For instance one network card has the IP address 10.0.0.1 and the other network card has the IP address 10.0.0.2. Now you have to connect both to a network switch. When now "AV Stumpfl Wings" is using the network card with IP address 10.0.0.1, MADRIX can use the other network card and it should be possible to send data from "AV Stumpfl Wings" via 10.0.0.1 and MADRIX can receive and send the Art-Net data via 10.0.0.2.
sondip

Post by sondip »

Yes, Madrix receives DMX-IN signals with the setup suggested by you. But, Madrix operates using USB port instead of the Artnet port. I can't establish any Artnet contact with LUNA 16 with link switch in between. As a result, AV Stumpfl Wings Avio Artnet signals get lost.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello sondip,
If you will have no connection between MADRIX and the LUNA, please make sure that the LUNA and the PC/the connected network card are working in the same IP-Address range. Under the following link you can learn how you can connect the LUNA to MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... t_net.html
Please make also sure the used firewall give MADRIX the rules to send and receive data via ethernet. Otherwise the firewall will block the communication between MADRIX and the LUNA.