Cue list control without Time Code

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

aristocompasso

Cue list control without Time Code

Post by aristocompasso »

Hi all,

I am having a bit of trouble setting up the cue list. I have effects with start and end.

When the cue list runs I get these effects at wichever point they are in their loop cycle. I need to run these effects from the start only when the previous effect ends.

Must I use Time Code, or can I set up a rule somewhere?

Thanks.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Cue list control without Time Code

Post by Guertler »

Hello aristocompasso,
When I understand you right, you want to start the desired effect everytime when you select it at the same time.
The most effects in MADRIX starts at the point where they are when you leave the effect. But you can change this behavour when you are using a little Macro in MADRIX.
Please copy the following code to the "Macro Editor" of the desired effects and go to "Script > Compile".
In the follwoing link you can learn where you will find the "Effect Macro Editor" in MADRIX
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/script/i ... rview.html

Code: Select all

@scriptname="";
@author="";
@version="";
@description="";

void InitEffect()
{
	SetFrameId(0.0);
}

void PreRenderEffect()
{

}

void PostRenderEffect()
{

}

void MatrixSizeChanged()
{
	InitEffect();
}
aristocompasso

Post by aristocompasso »

Hello Guertler,

I tried your suggestion but it doesn't seem to produce the desired effect. When I click the effect storage place it now resets the effect to the beginning, but this was not my original intention.
I'll try to be more clear this time.

My Cue List:
1 - Ball is stationary.
2 - Ball going up created with a Simple Shape animated with chaser steps. Ball reaches top.
3 - Ball explodes.
4 - Ball fragments start falling down from top with Drops effect.
5 - Ball fragments pile up on the bottom of display.

My problem:
a) When I run the Cue List, I can see the next effect is looping on the left or right visualization and when the effect is called to be displayed in the central visualization, it is caught midway through.

b) I need the Cue List to start the next effect on the first chaser step, and not in the middle of a chaser loop cycle.

This means that when starting Cue 2, the ball jumps from stationary position to some arbitrary frame in its animation of ball going up and restarts. When starting Cue 3 the ball explodes before reaching the top and restarts. When starting Cue 4 the fragments have already fallen and restarts. When starting Cue 5 the ball fragments are already piled up and restarts.

All the best
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello aristocompasso,
Thank you for the explanation. I think now I understand where the problem is located.
So you can solve the problem when you are working in the way that all desired storage places which should be called in the cue list are located on one storage and change the settings for the Cuelist playback to "By Storage Parity".
Therefor please go in MADRIX to "Preferences > Options", switch to the "User Interface" tab and change the settings in the "Cuelist" section to "By Storage Parity".
Now you have to create the cuelist with the desired storage places and if you click "Play" the desired effects will be played only on one side without preloading and playback on the other side in MADRIX.
aristocompasso

Post by aristocompasso »

Hello Guertler,

Sorted! Thank you.

Another doubt/suggestion.
Is it possible to link the chaser loop time to the Duration field in the Cue List? This way all changes made to the chaser length would propagate to the Cue List and save a lot of work!

All the best.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello aristocompasso,
At the moment it is not possible to link the times between chasers and the cue list. So you have to setup the time for every step manually.

But thank you for this hint. We will discuss this request with the developers.