Limit number DMX channels per universe

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

fearless

Limit number DMX channels per universe

Post by fearless »

Hi-
I have an array that is 192 X 12 pixels. The way that my controller board addresses the array is one DMX universe = 150 pixels or 450 DMX channels. When I set up the patch editor for the array at 192 X 12, Madrix automatically sets the channels at 512, which means the virtual addressing and the actual addressing do not match up as I'm away going to be off by 62 channels. It means that the images do not display correctly on my array. Short or individually addressing every pixel, is there a way to limit the addressing to 450 channels per universe? I've gone over the manual many times and can not see a way to do this. Thanks!
Gordon Lights

Re: Limit number DMX channels per universe

Post by Gordon Lights »

There are a number of ways to do this, but perhaps the easiest to explain is to create a new fixture that contains this limit so that Madrix will roll to the next DMX universe once it clears channel 450.

Using the Madrix Fxixture Editor, you would then either add this fixture to your existing library, or create a new library with just the fixtures you need in it. Then in Madrix's PREFERENCES, OPTIONS screen, in the STARTUP tab, enable the "Load Alternative Fixture Library" option, and point it at the library you just saved. This will allow this new fixture to show on the fixture list in both the Matrix and Patch editors.

I've created the fixture you need, and it's available for download here if you want it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2nhv2a1ru6nb8 ... .mfxx?dl=0

Yell if you have any other questions.

Fabian
fearless

Re: Limit number DMX channels per universe

Post by fearless »

That worked thanks