Can't start audio

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

fearless

Can't start audio

Post by fearless »

Hi-
I'm running Madrix on a new Alienware laptop and for the life of me I can not seem to get the audio working. I got it working on the previous laptop but now I'm getting the error : WASAPI: CaptureStart:Initialize() failed! Error 0x88890008: Unknown error 0x88890008. Can't start capturethread.
I've tried everything, updating drivers, setting the preferences to defaults, reloading Madrix. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
fearless

Re: Can't start audio

Post by fearless »

I've tried fixing registry errors, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek audio drivers, still no luck. I've got it on Realtek stereo mix PRIMARY for S2L and M2L Effects. If I switch to ASIO, I get no audio errors, but still no audio output on Madrix. I'm going to try disabling the ASIO, but any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello fearless,

It seems that your audio card / audio card driver is used by another programm at the same time and this programm blocks the access for MADRIX to the audio card or does not share the access to the driver.
Do you have opened another audio playback or recording software when this issue occured? If yes, please close all audio playback, recording or voice chat softwares and restart MADRIX.
fearless

Post by fearless »

Thanks so much ! I discovered that the "Alienware Sound Center" App that boots on startup was the culprit. I deleted it, and now Madrix works perfectly!
Thanks again !