Through a Script, How to add Extended Chars to Ticker

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

MarkC

Through a Script, How to add Extended Chars to Ticker

Post by MarkC »

Hello,

For the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday we would like to display different messages using the ticker. And we would like to build this string with the scripting language.

For example, one of the messages might be something like: "Joe ♥ Mary". I know that the ticker will accept the heart character because I can paste one in. But how can I build a string in the scripting language if I have two names like "Joe" and "Mary" and want to assemble them into a string with the heart char (which I can then insert into the ticker field)? I did not see anything in the documentation that gave me a clue...

Thanks for any help!

Mark
MarkC

Re: Through a Script, How to add Extended Chars to Ticker

Post by MarkC »

Hello,

Does any of the Madrix team have a thought about this? Help a fellow Madrix lover out here :)

Mark
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Through a Script, How to add Extended Chars to Ticker

Post by Guertler »

Hello MarkC,

At the moment it is not possible to write a "heart symbol" with the MADRIX "Macro Editor" for the "SCE Ticker/Scrolling Text" with default settings.

What you could do is to modify a desired font or create a new font with a so called "Font Editor" and overwrite on default symbol like the "@" symbol with the" heart symbol". That means everytime when you will write an "@" symbol the heart symbol will be displayed.

Another option is to create an own "MAS" effect and use a symbol font for the heart and another font for the two names.