How to create a diagonal fixture?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Irwin

How to create a diagonal fixture?

Post by Irwin »

Hello! I need to create a project with diagonally mounted LED strips. I've searched this forum and learned that I must create a custom fixture with diagonal pixels, but I can't figure out how to do that in the fixture editor. Is there an existing diagonal fixture in the library I can find as an example? Or can someone explain it to me? Thank you!
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: How to create a diagonal fixture?

Post by Guertler »

Hello Irwin,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

Correct. When you want to patch fixtures diagonal in MADRIX, the best way is to create a customized fixture with the help of the MADRIX "Fixture Editor".
Under the following links you can learn more about the "Fixture Editor" in general:
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/fixtureeditor/index.html
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... ditor.html

In case to create a diagonal fixture you will need to add a voxel on position X = 1, Y = 1,
Z = 1. The next voxel will be added on position X = 2, Y = 2, Z = 1. The next one on position X = 3, Y = 3, Z = 1 and so on.
In that way you will get a 45° diagonal fixture.
Irwin

Post by Irwin »

Thank you for the fast response Guertler! I was confused because the patch shows the fixture as just a block, but the individual pixels do show up correctly in the preview windows.

One more question: in the patch, the fixture rotation seems to only be on the z-axis. Is there a way to rotate on the x or y axis?

Thank you again!
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Irwin,

At the moment you can only rotate around the z-axis in the MADRIX "Patch Editor".
The rotation around the other axis are not possible at the moment. If you want to rotate a fixture arround the y- or x-axis I recommend to create a new fixture with the "Fixture Editor" which has the correct rotation and patch this fixture.
Irwin

Post by Irwin »

Ok, thank you. I will post this to the wish list and maybe it will happen soon!